Serious Impulse Buying

I had recently purchased a 360 for gears of war. That was impulive, but not as much because I had need a new console. The PS2 just wasnt doing it for me anymore. That was 2 weeks ago.

Today my work coleague comes up to me to ask me if he wants me to come with him during lunch to see the Wii as it had just launched. This man had never owned a console before and is in his 40s. Why not I said, after all I did want to see the jewel in action after having read and followed its life since inception.

As soon as we get to the store, BOOM he buys it. I was shocked, and he didn't just buy the console, he bought the console, Zelda, and extra controller pack for a family he doesnt have and wii play. I said to myself at that point in time "FUCK THAT". I wasn't going to let some noob talk to me about his great expreience on monday and tell me how great and wonderfull it was. So two weeks after my 360 purchase, the second impulsive puraches was made. Moderate mind you with just the console and Zelda.

And ohhh how I look forward to playing it tonight.

I had recently purchased a 360 for gears of war. That was impulive, but not as much because I had need a new console. The PS2 just wasnt doing it for me anymore. That was 2 weeks ago.

Today my work coleague comes up to me to ask me if he wants me to come with him during lunch to see the Wii as it had just launched. This man had never owned a console before and is in his 40s. Why not I said, after all I did want to see the jewel in action after having read and followed its life since inception.

As soon as we get to the store, BOOM he buys it. I was shocked, and he didn't just buy the console, he bought the console, Zelda, and extra controller pack for a family he doesnt have and wii play. I said to myself at that point in time "FUCK THAT". I wasn't going to let some noob talk to me about his great expreience on monday and tell me how great and wonderfull it was. So two weeks after my 360 purchase, the second impulsive puraches was made. Moderate mind you with just the console and Zelda.

And ohhh how I look forward to playing it tonight.
Ever impulse buy a house? I have :cry:.

How is that possible? You rich? A loan should at least take awhile to get. :LOL:
I was breaking up with my girlfriend and needed a place to live. So I was like, "huh, maybe I should buy a house." Total time between thinking about doing it and making an offer was about 2 weeks. Closing took a week or two longer, but all told that was a pretty quick and overly impulsive thing to do.

EDIT: Also, you can get pre-approval online now pretty easily. Only takes about 20 minutes of plugging in info.

I think I'll pick up a Wii soon as soon as there are more games that whet my appetite. When purchasing a new console I tend to buy them on impulse a lot o the time but always end up not playing because I only pick up a game or two. This time I want to have at least 3 - 4 games so I can keep playing it through the few weeks I purchase it.

I tried it out in EB and I must say the controller is much more than I thought it would be. Most impressive thing about it is the natural instinct I had to actually move the controller around and how easy it is to get the hang of it.

Back