Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 [XBSX|S, XGP]

understood, but from what I know this is not "prerendered"
It runs sub 4K resolution (3840x1608) and can't sustain more than 24 fps and there are some imperfections in the trailer’s field of depth effects and some halos around certain objects
if it is the case (prendered at different framerate), the trailer in-engine would be 4K@30fps rock steady

DF have some doubts on the LOD switching, but this do not means the trailer is "prerendered"
UE5 misses the same LOD switching, so, it is prerendered too?

"In engine" is common marketing talk for creating a trailer with a real-time engine and cranking up the visuals beyond what can be achieved at 30fps+. Hence the prerendered speculation.

understood, but from what I know this is not "prerendered"
It runs sub 4K resolution (3840x1608) and can't sustain more than 24 fps and there are some imperfections in the trailer’s field of depth effects and some halos around certain objects
if it is the case (prendered at different framerate), the trailer in-engine would be 4K@30fps rock steady

DF have some doubts on the LOD switching, but this do not means the trailer is "prerendered"
UE5 techdemo misses the same LOD switching, so, it is prerendered too?
Shakes head. The demo was toggled around and played around by the Technical Lead from Epic for a full 9min and outright confirmed to be real time, if you chose not to believe that's real time then that's your problem. As for HB2, not even Ninja Theory themselves came out and claim it to be real time, they just said In Engine which could literally be anything but realtime. Will the final game look like that? Maybe, maybe not, but you can't say it's real time with 100% confidence for the time being just like how DF concluded.

Don't most people associate pre rendered to mean off line rendered?

In engine, in engine cut scene isn't generally prerendered.
I assume most people would think a cut scene video to be pre rendered.

That doesn't mean the gameplay will be the same even if it is produced in engine.

Don't most people associate pre rendered to mean off line rendered?

In engine, in engine cut scene isn't generally prerendered.
I assume most people would think a cut scene video to be pre rendered.

That doesn't mean the gameplay will be the same even if it is produced in engine.
There is pre-rendered in engine cutscene, then there's real time in engin cutscene for which the latter is what most games are doing now. But Ninja Theory did not outright state that trailer to be real time, you'd think they would confirm it if it actually is.

There is pre-rendered in engine cutscene, then there's real time in engin cutscene for which the latter is what most games are doing now. But Ninja Theory did not outright state that trailer to be real time, you'd think they would confirm it if it actually is.
Sometimes not worth answering until your ready to talk about something as people will just keep asking questions, maybe in July?

Although I've seen many times when I thought the company could just come out and clarify something and they just don't, even for the positive.

Shakes head. The demo was toggled around and played around by the Technical Lead from Epic for a full 9min and outright confirmed to be real time, if you chose not to believe that's real time then that's your problem. As for HB2, not even Ninja Theory themselves came out and claim it to be real time, they just said In Engine which could literally be anything but realtime. Will the final game look like that? Maybe, maybe not, but you can't say it's real time with 100% confidence for the time being just like how DF concluded.
Possibly because that would provoke questions about how it was achieved and Ninja Theory were probably told they couldn't confirm it was real time, only "in engine" "as you can expect on Series X"

We'll find out in July and let the real time gameplay graphics speak for themselves as I've seen way too many times when devs showcased in engine graphics but failed to deliver in final games. Unless of course NT come out and say it.

I wonder if Hellblade 2 is using some early version of Nanite. @Dictator was saying in his DF breakdown that the lack of discernible LOD transition was suspicious.
There are quite a few animated objects being displayed, and currently Nanite doesn't render those in UE5, so it's highly unlikely that Nanite was being used several months ago. However, when UE5 gets upgraded to render animations, and Ninja Theory starts using it, thIs game should look fantastic on XSX, especially lighting with Lumen as there are plenty of CUs to make GI look great.

Thing is, the PS5 UE tech demo is just that, a interactive tech demo, it's not a game. HB2 on the other hand is a game in the works. In short, with the UE demo, your getting nothing, with the HB2, you might get those graphics.
We have seen next gen xsx game footage, now waiting to see something from PS5.

We'll find out in July and let the real time gameplay graphics speak for themselves as I've seen way too many times when devs showcased in engine graphics but failed to deliver in final games. Unless of course NT come out and say it.
Oh, I'm in no way saying that it was definitely gameplay graphics.

In engine can hide a multitude of sins.
Your right to be skeptical of exactly what it will end up like.
Personally I think it could be pretty close but then, I'm not invested so if it's not I don't care.

everyone can think what prefer, the only fact is that Ninja Theory said nothing, so can be everything. even the gameplay is "in engine", realtime is too "in engine".
So separate facts from opinions, you can suppose, but nobody know the facts, except Ninja Theory and Microsoft.

I believe this is in realtime and it's the intro of the game.

Does DeanoC still post here and is he still with Ninja Theory? Maybe he can shed some light onto the target quality of this intro?

Although I've seen many times when I thought the company could just come out and clarify something and they just don't, even for the positive.

You generally don't want to comment on anything negative or positive. If you start to confirm positive rumors as true then if you don't refute negative rumors, people will assume the negative rumors are true because you'd obviously deny it if it wasn't true, right?

Likewise, if you refute negative rumors regularly but then don't refute a negative rumor, then you've basically just confirmed (in the public's eye) that the negative rumor is true.

So, while this means that people won't know if a positive rumor is true or not, it also means that they can't know when a negative rumor is true or not.

Regards,
SB

I would imagine the entire asset creation and environment building workflow would need to change to support it.

That's kind of the point of the new features of UE5. It's meant to simplify the workflow. You create high detail assets and import them into UE and it handles everything else, including handling (converting assets) for platforms that do not support nanite and lumen. Was Hellblade 2 even announced for Xbox One? I'm assuming it'll be a Series X exclusive.

Back