Sega's New NiGHTS Game for Wii – Confirmed!*

Natoma

Veteran
http://news.spong.com/article/12086?cb=11

SPOnG can confirm that recent speculation of NiGHTS remake holds truth today, as fresh details emerge of a game that has reached epic proportions before a single jot of official information is revealed.

Speaking to representatives close to the project, we were told in no uncertain terms that a new NiGHTS game is about to be uncovered. NiGHTS will launch exclusively for the Nintendo Wii platform.

“Yes, there is a new NiGHTS coming, and coming quite soon actually,â€￾ we were told today by a representative close to the project who agreed to speak with us under terms of strict anonymity. “It's a full game too, not a rehash of old NiGHTS for Virtual Console as some have said it might be lately. It's a whole new game.â€￾
Hooray! :)

I don't even know what SPONG is. Every night I put "Nintendo" into Google News, and that link came up this time. :LOL:

What's wrong with SPONG? L'Inq of consoles or something?

This is too awsome if true. Damn the song just play in my head. If it is true, please Sega don't butcher the franchise, the way you did with Sonic. Just remake the original or something, I've so little faith with Sega now days.

Edit: Is that pic from April's magazine. It better not be an April's fool joke.

For Spong, a "representative close to the project" can mean a "local Gamestop employee." Seriously, Spong is only slightly more reliable than a magic 8-ball.

If this is true it's fantastic. If not than I will be dissapointed. I will remain pessimistic about rumours from sources whose names are reminscent of primitive organisms.

I've added a question mark to the thread title. Spong confirmation is like no confirmation at all.

I never played Nights... what kind of game is it? What is the point and what do you do in it?

Never owned a saturn or dreamcast (which one was it on?). I hear a lot of love for the game, but I completely missed the bus on a lot of the saturn/dreamcast exclusives so I've no idea if I should be excited or not.

I never played Nights... what kind of game is it? What is the point and what do you do in it?

Never owned a saturn or dreamcast (which one was it on?). I hear a lot of love for the game, but I completely missed the bus on a lot of the saturn/dreamcast exclusives so I've no idea if I should be excited or not.

It was on Saturn. First to use their analog controller. On DC it would have been beautiful but I'm glad at least Wii is getting it.

Your last story explicitly says "Unconfirmed."

A game that looks like Nights is going to be featured in an April Nintendo-only mag, judging by a suggestive outline, which means it's at least coming out for a Nintendo system. A new Nights going to be featured in an April Game Reactor mag, judging by an explicit cover pic (since reduced to suggestive--follow the GameReactor link from the Eurogamer link). The most likely platform seems to be Wii, given Nights' gameplay. So it seems this is all but confirmed.

Back