Sega Sammy Reports $210 Million half-year Profit

TEXAN

Regular
Sega Sammy Reports $210 Million Profit

40 minutes ago

TOKYO - Sega Sammy Holdings Inc., a company formed from a merger between a game-maker and a pinball maker, reported a net profit of 25 billion yen ($210 million) for the half-year through September.

Sales for the six-month period ended Sept. 30 totaled 248.6 billion yen ($2 billion), Sega Sammy Holdings Inc. said in a statement.

There were no comparative numbers for the previous year's fiscal half profit or sales because Sega, which makes Sonic the Hedgehog games, and Sammy, a pinball manufacturer, merged to form Sega Sammy Holdings Inc. in October last year.

But the company did forecast that earnings for the full fiscal year through March would rise 12 percent to 56 billion yen ($470 million) profit on 567 billion yen ($4.8 billion) sales.

That growth projection is based on a combined profit figure of 50.6 billion yen for the two companies for the last fiscal year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051121/ap_on_bi_ge/earns_japan_sega_sammy_1

Money = games = great

Sega has to make a come-back.

Virtua fighter 5 looks excellent, Virtua Tennis 3 should just as good as its two prequels (Perfect!), Ryu ga Gotoku sounds like it's a winner and Even Sonic next-gen seems to be heading in the right way (The graphics are not incredible, but the setting and the gameplay seem alright).

Now we need more AV project, a sequel to Skies of Arcadia and Sega will be definitely back!

PS: The Shadow game never existed, no need to make a reply about that.
It was only a weather balloon, NOT a game featuring a hedgehog doing drive-by with Uzis.

Vysez said:
Now we need more AV project, a sequel to Skies of Arcadia and Sega will be definitely back!

If they manage to remove boring to death battle system and utterly annoying random encounters, hey, why not...
(In that respect it was worse than FF, which is in my "games to avoid playing at all costs"; except for the 12 of course, since it's made by Vagrant Story team, but I'm going off topic and since I'm a Mod it's EVIL ^^)

This is not an OT post. Your eyes and your mind are deceiving you.

Ingenu said:
If they manage to remove boring to death battle system and utterly annoying random encounters, hey, why not...
The battle system on its own, while not being any anything special, was solid. The problem was clearly the rhythm, the game had to load every animations and models each time and it was way too obvious.

Ingenu said:
(In that respect it was worse than FF, which is in my "games to avoid playing at all costs"; except for the 12 of course, since it's made by Vagrant Story team, but I'm going off topic and since I'm a Mod it's EVIL ^^)
Indeed, a somewhat tedious battle system is, thankfully, the only point in common between Skies of Arcadia and FF.

I'm waiting for my copy of DQVIII, BTW. It has a demo of FFXII included, and from the impressions I read, the battle system is supposed to be excellent. Good news all around.

Ingenu said:
but I'm going off topic and since I'm a Mod it's EVIL ^^)
Abuse of power you say?
I think so! :devilish:

Back