Screwed by Newegg

Sxotty

Legend
Well I just recieved a single socket tyan motherboard when I ordered a dual socket it is just a revision that has one socket only, there is the place for the second socket but it isn't there. In addition they left out a mouse that I ordered.

I have always had good luck with them before though, I will update youguys to let you know if it works out. Right now I am pretty frustrated with them though, wondering if they are under new management...

I've never had a botched order from NewEgg myself...does their web-site confirm that both items shipped together? They may have been shipped from different locations, which may mean different arrival times.

Out of curiosity, what's the new-egg part number of that Mobo?

hmm... rma and get a new one shipped to you overnight...

my board was DOA when I ordered it and they overnighted it no extra charge for me...

:)

they have pretty decent service... order errors occur everywhere so don't fret bout that too much...

i'll hop on the "never had a problem from them before" bandwagon.
I know it doesnt help you though.
Sorry you got botched, tell us how the resolution goes.

Ok here is what happened. I ordered this motherboard.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-151-128&depa=1

But they had it listed with this description the day I bought it.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-151-125&depa=1

And as you might notice the model number is identical Model# S2875ANRF.

On my invoice it stated MB TYAN |DUAL OPTERON AMD S2875ANRF

The main problem was that everyone I talked to at first told me I ordered the wrong one, and I was like well I have my invoice right here I can fax it to you. Finally they realized what had happened, apparently the guy who puts up info on the website mixed up the descriptions and the item numbers so the model number was correct, but the item numbers were mixed up, and said that I can order the correct one for $232, instead of 195, and then ship mine back for a refund including the shipping to ship it back. I was hoping they would give me it for 195 since they had messed up but alas no. But I got a raptor in my old rig now as well and it is very fast and nice :) ..

edit: oh yeah the mouse wasn't left out, the package with it for some unknown reason shipped from newark NJ not CA, and will get here later.

edit: oh yeah the mouse wasn't left out, the package with it for some unknown reason shipped from newark NJ not CA, and will get here later."
They have a warehouse on the eastside now, not just on the west coast.

Well Sxotty, your story has moved me to finally RMA my matched set of 256MB Geil PC3200. One of 'em just crapped out about a week ago and I've been putting it off since I've never returned memory before.

My RMA went thru flawlessly on the web end, I like the way they have it set-up so you can automagically pick your stuff from old invoices (I'm easily impressed that way) and spelled everything out for ya.

My only worry is I ain't got the original packaging still. I used the memo area to indicate as such and told 'em to just keep the replacement's packaging and ship it to me white box, but I'm slightly worried there might be a problem....

DW I think you will be fine I have RMA'ed stuff w/o original packaging many times. I was just mad b/c they told me I screwed up when they did and wanted to charge the restocking fee instead of paying for my shipping.

Thanks Sxotty, that actually does make me feel a lot better. (For some weird/annoying/damned reason I always get nervous with returns....left-over guilt from a mis-spent youth I guess. :rolleyes: )

I RMA'd a PSU to them 6 months after I bought it. It seemed to work fine, but the first motherboard I used it in died after about two months, the replacement worked fine but was replaced within two months, and after the third motherboard (an Abit NF7-S 2.0) died with exactly the same symptoms as the first, I decided that the PSU (the only common thread) must be bad. But, since I had moved, I had none of the original packaging. Called them up, asked if it was a problem, they said naaah, just ship it back. So I did, and I got one back with black Molex plugs and SATA connectors. Most Tasty!

Thanks Baron, me likes all the reassurances.

A big reason I've been buying as much as I can from NewEgg lately is because of how I've heard of the great way they handle problems, it's just the first time I've ever had problems with any stuff from 'em.

digitalwanderer said:
Thanks Baron, me likes all the reassurances.

A big reason I've been buying as much as I can from NewEgg lately is because of how I've heard of the great way they handle problems, it's just the first time I've ever had problems with any stuff from 'em.
I love newegg. There are others who are just as good, you just have to look for them. mwave being one of them.
epic

Eronarn said:
digitalwanderer said:
Just got me new PC3200 and it's exactly what I sent 'em but brand-shiny-new. 8)

Remember, if your computer is shiny, it runs faster! 8)

And if it's red as well as shiny it runs even faster still! 8)

Now where's the nearest Games Workshop store with some "Go Fasta Red" paint?

Back