Scott Wasson to leave The Tech Report and join AMD RTG

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
http://techreport.com/blog/29390/into-a-new-era

I'm really pleased for the RTG, in that they've grabbed the best independent technology analyst working on graphics today, who'll bring a whole wealth of understanding and expertise to the group, to help them create better products.

It's a sad day for technology journalism though, as it loses one of the last three independent folks who still do best-in-class, in-depth written analyses. The masses and the industry hasn't realised that great content takes great effort and needs to be supported properly, and this move from Scott is in many ways a direct result of that.

All the best to one of my very best friends in the industry.

This sucks :(. TR has been my go to spot for all things PC hardware for years. And they are the best. At least Ryan is still at PCPer.

This sucks :(. TR has been my go to spot for all things PC hardware for years. And they are the best. At least Ryan is still at PCPer.

I think TR will be all right. They still have a large staff, and everything Scott put in place will stand. At worst, they might fail to innovate beyond it, but I think they'll do just fine. And indeed, I think this is just the sort of input that AMD needs.

AMD needs better hardware and better driver support (I own a 7950 and GTX970, the 970 gets better support for new games hands down). Not sure how Scott will help with that. They seem to have gotten the frametime consistency stuff figured out for the most part.

Edit Ugh I was just mad cause he's leaving :oops: but I still can't delete posts :confused:

Last edited:
Yeah who knows. The question is of course how out of touch is the board and upper management. The company is a wreck.

Good luck Scott.

Good luck to him. Has been one of my trusted review sites for well over a decade now. Hopefully the remaining staff will keep his passion for running a fair and impartial review site. Also hope he enjoys his new work.

Regards,
SB

I wish him the best of luck, will be disappointed not being able to read his in depth articles anymore though.

AMD needs better hardware and better driver support (I own a 7950 and GTX970, the 970 gets better support for new games hands down). Not sure how Scott will help with that. They seem to have gotten the frametime consistency stuff figured out for the most part.

They also need to stop shooting themselves in the foot by releasing good GPUs with horrible, ineffective, noisy coolers (Hawaii) or pumps (Fury X) or dubious marketing. I don't know how much influence Scott will have on any of this, but his expertise may help.

They also need to stop shooting themselves in the foot by releasing good GPUs with horrible, ineffective, noisy coolers (Hawaii) or pumps (Fury X) or dubious marketing. I don't know how much influence Scott will have on any of this, but his expertise may help.
Extra pair of feet?:runaway:

Back