Scheduled system restarts?

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
If I would like to force a windows shutdown and reboot of the computer on a regular schedule, say, every six hours, how would I go about accomplishing that?

Thanks for any assistance! :D

Create a task in task scheduler. Trigger at startup with a 6 hour delay. The action you want is to run a program "shutdown" with argument /r.

Haven't tried but should work?

Create a task in task scheduler. Trigger at startup with a 6 hour delay.
Would perhaps work, I don't know, because windows won't allow me to create the event without having set a password for my account.

I don't know how to make my user log in automatically if a password is set - restarting the PC is no good if it then just sits like a dumbshit at the login screen forever...

Aaaah. Windows! Don't you just love it?!

Yeah, I googled it, but thank you anyway! Not so forgetful, are you? You know your stuffs. Hehe.

...Of course, the task scheduler completely ignores that checkmark btw. You MUST have a password - which meant I had to create one, then tell windows to ignore it...! :LOL::LOL::LOL: Oh well... :LOL:

What metro app are you referring to?

Anyway, windows starts and my account logs in automatically, but the scheduled task doesn't ever seem to execute. It just sits in the Library, stating "ready". Not...running. Or whatever. I guess I just don't understand this ancient fucking thing; old MS system utilities are just The Worst where user interfaces are concerned. Same thing with the management console and the file permissions editing system: both are old and cumbersome to use, and the latter in particular is simply hostile towards normal human beings... :p

@Grall

i think its easier to do if you download this attachment, and paste the batch file to your Startup folder, usually on

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

Attachments

• matikan.zip
    143 bytes · Views: 1
By the way, anyone know of a simple, dependable uptime tracking/logging utility?

All it needs to do is log for how long the system was up (for example by recording when windows starts up), I don't need any fancy-schmancy stuff... :) Freeware, preferably. :)

@Grall type

sysinfo or systeminfo on cmd. The log is somewhere on event viewer. It'd confusing. Better use freeware.... I forgot the name lol

By the way, anyone know of a simple, dependable uptime tracking/logging utility?

All it needs to do is log for how long the system was up (for example by recording when windows starts up), I don't need any fancy-schmancy stuff... :) Freeware, preferably. :)
When you say "log" do you want some continuous pipe to a text file? Or just a way to look at it quickly? If the latter...

Start -> CMD -> {enter} -> net stats SRV | find "since" (exactly as I typed it in bold)

Back