Scheduled maintenance - July 11th 2015 @ 8am BST

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
I've got a short amount of maintenance to do to the forums tomorrow, which I'll do tomorrow morning at 8am my time. It shouldn't take any longer than 10 mins.

That big 'new posts' button is so key. Thank you
My pleasure! I really need to start a dedicated bugs and issues thread, since everything is so spread out now across a bunch of announcement and maintenance threads.

As for this maintenance, all done.

Oops, looks like the updates to the theme have a bug where if you don't have a custom user title set (like my "Tiled") and you have a badge on your account (like my "Moderator", "Veteran", etc), the badge will hide your username in the box next to your posts.

I'll investigate now.

Oops, looks like the updates to the theme have a bug where if you don't have a custom user title set (like my "Tiled") and you have a badge on your account (like my "Moderator", "Veteran", etc), the badge will hide your username in the box next to your posts.

I'll investigate now.
Also is that normal that there is no Beyond3D logo / big title anywhere on the page? That's odd.

rH0b.png

Yep, we've never had a logo on the forums since we moved to the new software. There's a new one being designed, but I'm ambivalent if it's displayed on the forums or not when it's finished. Depends what it looks like!

There's a new one being designed
Please don't make it weird, and/or unconnected to the subject matter, like Corsair's new logo was. :p

Also, is there an ETA on the overlapped user names, perhaps...? :) I feel kind of blind, not being able to tell who is who! :D

No ETA, but I'll be looking at it again in the next hour or so. It's made me realise that most of the time I don't even look at who has posted something, since I didn't spot it during testing!

I've put a temporary fix in place, pending an official one from the theme developer. Let me know if it's causing problems.

The theme developer got back to me with a better temporary fix, which I've rolled out, and they'll fix it properly in the next release. Let me know if there are any more issues.

Back