Scheduled downtime - Tuesday, December 21st 2021 @ 9am GMT

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
It's EOY and I'm on my break from work, so it's overdue Beyond3D maintenance time. I want to set us on a path to XenForo 2.x, and that means some underlying server infrastructure changes to help support that. So the forums will be unvailable for 30 mins or so tomorrow morning my time while I get that work done.

Happy Holidays :love:

It's EOY and I'm on my break from work, so it's overdue Beyond3D maintenance time. I want to set us on a path to XenForo 2.x, and that means some underlying server infrastructure changes to help support that. So the forums will be unvailable for 30 mins or so tomorrow morning my time while I get that work done.

Happy Holidays :love:
Hi Rys,
Please re-organize teh forums! all gaming and gaming industry together. (PC/Mobile/Console) Hardware and hardware industry, and rendering together. Documentation, API, Presentations, Tools and Software separate.
no need for subforums between PC and console!

Thanks for everything!

PHP 8? SQL upgrade? Redis?

Can we please lose the ancient legacy smilies. XF2 uses emojis and needs DB table conversion for them post migration IIRC. Needs utf8mb4 and there's a script.

MariaDB upgrades in this instance, to get us onto something newer, so I can build a new staging environment. And yep, when we get to XF2 we'll ditch the current legacy smilies and move to proper emojis.

Can we please lose the ancient legacy smilies
Especially the ones designed for a white background
(how they look on the dark theme for those that have never used it)
s50gXBU.jpg

Do you moderators have an idea of what Reactions you're going to have available in XF2 version of B3D?

Hi Rys,
Please re-organize teh forums! all gaming and gaming industry together. (PC/Mobile/Console) Hardware and hardware industry, and rendering together. Documentation, API, Presentations, Tools and Software separate.
no need for subforums between PC and console!

Thanks for everything!

Any plans to do something close to this? Basically everythings centered in the middle of the forums (console area and upwards/graphics cards etc). All talk is already centered, be it PC or console etc.

@Rys could we add Enhanced Search addon for the upgrade? It's an ElasticSearch backend, and of course makes search results so much better than the built-in SQL fulltext index search.

I run my ES instance on a separate small 2Gb VPS connecting to the main server over a private VLAN.

Back