Saudi Arabia purchasing thread

What is this "oil" you speak of? Clearly the last 40 yrs we've transitioned completely away from that, right? :LOL::LOL:

Seems a typical case of "we have more money then we know what to do with so let us buy random stuff"

I'm agreeing with Rangers. Some of those Saudis are so rich it's just obscene and I personally like how they can be frivolous in how and what they spend their money on. Not so much when they're buying our politicians, but more so the extremely ridiculous vehicles they buy/have made for them.

upload_2022-5-18_17-24-0.png

BTW, Saudi Aramco recently passed Apple as worlds most valuable company, and to my surprise is still there on a google check as I write this, altho it fluctuates.

BTW, Saudi Aramco recently passed Apple as worlds most valuable company, and to my surprise is still there on a google check as I write this, altho it fluctuates.
Which tells you all you need know about how nonsensical the stock market is, that a company that sells phones and computers - which do not even represent a significant market share in those areas - can be 'valued' more than an oil company. Utterly bonkers.

Which tells you all you need know about how nonsensical the stock market is, that a company that sells phones and computers - which do not even represent a significant market share in those areas - can be 'valued' more than an oil company. Utterly bonkers.

Is this satire? I cant tell :LOL: Either way I chuckled.

I'm agreeing with Rangers. Some of those Saudis are so rich it's just obscene and I personally like how they can be frivolous in how and what they spend their money on. Not so much when they're buying our politicians, but more so the extremely ridiculous vehicles they buy/have made for them.

View attachment 6496

And yet the only reason they can do that is because some politicians in our government want them to do that. We put massive restrictions on our own companies that could produce more oil locally because some of our politicians would rather give that money to foreign countries. :p

And then we have a government that wants to push reliance on electricity but even with large and rapid investments in alternative forms of electricity generation it's still a far far cry from what we need for everyday life not to mention the increased burden if we moved to all electric vehicles.

Which then means we need more coal and gas powerplants because some portion of our population is averse to nuclear power. Which means sending more money overseas for oil in the name of reducing our reliance on oil. :p

Bleh.

And then we have CA which for some unfathomable reason doesn't want people to put solar panels on their own houses since that would make the less dependent on CA's failing power grid. Someone I know just spent over 5 years trying to get all the permits and approvals required to install solar panels on their home and they are STILL trying and waiting. I think Adam Savage (formerly with Myth Busters) finally was able to get some installed on his house after 4 years and that was only because he used inside connections to "push" it through.

Yes, it makes me mad, because of CA's stupid policies it means my electricity in WA is more expensive because CA has to buy electricity from other states in order to claim that they are a "clean" energy state. Bleh.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:

View attachment 6496
cool photoshop. Or the small one is just a toy of the same car

INSIDE INFORMATION: Embracer Group AB (the “Company” or “Embracer Group”) has resolved to carry out a directed share issue of approximately 99.9 million B shares at a subscription price of SEK 103.47 per share (the “Share Issue”), corresponding to a premium of 15.0 percent compared to the closing price of the B shares on 7 June 2022. The proceeds from the Share Issue amount to approximately SEK 10.3 billion. The shares will be issued to Savvy Gaming Group (“SGG”), which upon settlement of the Share Issue will hold approximately 8.1 percent of the shares and 5.4 percent of the votes in the Company.
Savvy Gaming Group’s investment of $1B

Last edited:

Saudi Arabia's Savvy Games Group, owned by sovereign wealth fund PIF, will invest 142 billion riyals ($37.8 billion) across four initiatives as it aims to become a global hub for gaming, state news agency SPA said on Thursday.

The investments will include 70 billion riyals to take several minority stakes in "key companies" that support Savvy's game development agenda and 50 billion riyals ($13.3bln) earmarked to acquire "a leading game publisher to become a strategic development partner".

Back