Samsung officially announce combo player:

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by RobertR1, Apr 13, 2007.

1. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

http://www.samsung.com/PressCenter/PressRelease/PressRelease.asp?seq=20070413_0000338109

While the LG combo player did a half ass job with HD DVD (no HDi support), this one will be fully compliant, thus carrying the HD DVD logo on it.

Still remains to be seen which BR spec 1.0/1.1/bd-live complaince it'll carry.

No price, feature set annouced so far but should hit the streets in late 2007.

Also, fwiw, rumor is that 2-3 more universal players will be out by the end of the year. In the end, good news for consumers who want to jump in without having 2 players but want movies from both sides.

2. Capeta

Banned

So we officially have LG and Samsung with dual format players...I wonder who the third CE company is...SONY? :razz:

3. jb

jb
    Veteran

Thats me as I don't want to buy a player that based on the format that looses. Pluse there are already movies on both sides I want. Bring on the combo players!

4. mito

mito beyond noob
    Veteran

<borat accent> how much? </accent>

5. Ruined

Regular

Signs point to $799 - $899