Sam and Max! yay!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by zsouthboy, Oct 17, 2006.

1. zsouthboy

Regular

It's almost here!

I'm moist with anticipation little buddy!

(First episode is on GameTap tomorrow the 17th, and then worldwide release 2 weeks from now)

2. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

is it point and click? wasn't the last one point and click? i hate point and click.

3. zsouthboy

Regular

Yes, point and click.

Did you enjoy ANY of the old Lucasarts adventure games? If you've avoided them because they're point and click, you're missing out on some of the finest games ever crafted.

4. Eleazar

Newcomer

I don't know, I am a bit turned off by the screenshots. The old Sam and Max seemed to capture the comic book world a lot better. The screenshots don't look wacky and outlandish enough to be the Sam and Max I remember. The world should look crazy, but it looks bland compared to the Sam and Max I am used to.

5. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

i only started PC gaming in about '02.

6. poopypoo

Veteran

this doesn't change the truth in what he said, CC :O

I can understand if you're too jaded for it now, but if you want to see the world through our childhood eyes, or just play -- in my opinion -- the finest single library of games by far, download the LucasArts' SCUMM VM, and check em out. They're all point and click, but, well, it was a different time, and, well, I bet some of these puzzles tax your brain and amuse you more than any modern RPG. :razz:

7. zsouthboy

Regular

I just beat it (in about 2 hours, intentionally doing everything possible)

It's classic Sam and Max! Seriously!

It's a bit easier than Hit the Road, because of the brevity.

I laughed out loud more than once.

@Cartoon Corpse:

I was like 4 when those games came out, it's not an excuse. Seriously. Dig up a torrent (I know i've seen more than one) if nothing else. Obviously Hit The Road is great; but so is Day of The Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, the whole Monkey Island Series, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.... I could go on.:)

8. Cartoon Corpse

Veteran

i've heard of those titles. maybe it's time to give them a try.

9. Goragoth

Regular

I remember trying to get Sam and Max Hit the Road to work years ago, and only getting it to run without the sound (which takes away sooo much from the game). I should really give it another try with SCUMM VM, and also some of the other games. I've never played Day of the Tentacle and I've heard so much good stuff about it. Yay for people taking the time to make some of the old classics run on the new machines.

10. zsouthboy

Regular

All of the games I mentioned work perfectly in SCUMMVM now, with sound and everything :)