Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul [PS3, PS4]

Hmmm. Not sure I like the 3D shaded anime style. As stills it looks fabulous, but the realistic, smooth shading in motion is jarring to me, like an Uncanny Valley for anime.

The music was also painfully Abba in a repeated phrase. Not by intention, but still - "don't go wasting your emotions," is unshakable.

Ah! That's where I heard that music! Mamma Mia the musical. Not a great choice. Especially considering the immensely genius soundtrack of the original series. But I'd buy this one even if it was covered in shit.

And because of this, I just found out they're showing a new 13 episode OVA based on a totally original story. Just downloaded the first episode. I am a happy boy.

The rendering is good, maybe it would look better with less lucid armours.
The real problem with this serie from the snes ages is the gameplay, and now at least for me the playstation's controller.

Obviously the Saint Seiya series was all about shiny armor and camp dialogue (you should have heard the amazing italian dub). Shiny shine FTW!

The character renders are good but lord those environment shots are down right last gen, thus making the humans look out of place. Still interested tho, Saint Seiya has been around ever since my childhood.

Hmmm. Not sure I like the 3D shaded anime style. As stills it looks fabulous, but the realistic, smooth shading in motion is jarring to me, like an Uncanny Valley for anime.

The music was also painfully Abba in a repeated phrase. Not by intention, but still - "don't go wasting your emotions," is unshakable.
I feel the same
The only 3D Anime style real time rendering done right is in Guilty Gear Xrd.

Back