S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (NEW)!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Obakan, Jul 12, 2007.

1. slapnutz

Regular

Is "Steep Parallax Mapping" the method of virtual displacement where any shadows cast on it actually confirm (follow, wrap around) to the faked geometry?

2. Galduta

Veteran

I do not know the differences between Paralax step, Paralax occlusion, and other methods - including the previous fake method of stalker. I will look at the wikipedia

3. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Can you post some screens from the videos? I can't download at work.
    EDIT: saw the video ! Really Cool! The Sunset video is really really cool:cool:!

#203 RenegadeRocks, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  4. Galduta

Veteran

#204 Galduta, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  5. RenegadeRocks

Legend

The inventory screen is opaque in Clear Sky! We can't see what's happening through it ! That would be really bad, specially when there are enemies shooting at you...:shock:!

6. Moloch

Moloch God of Wicked Games
    Veteran

am I the only one who finds stalker SOC to be unrewarding and frusterating, atleast at the begining of the game (where I am)? Seems all you really do is kill people (or mutants etc) and find stuff. The interface is crap as well imo.
    Looking at the game play videos I was excited for clear sky(and purchased the first one upon seeing it) but after playing it I'm like- this is it? Combat is not at all what I am accustomed too (way too many shots need to be fired for example) and the quests seem boring.

7. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Get the secret armour on top of the building in the beginning and the game won't feel like that anymore.
    http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=QcegcW3LwZg&feature=related

I have gone through the sane phase and know how you feel like. Anyways the game is very difficult in the beginning but after an hour or two it starts to shine as you get better weapons and armour.

Don't quit...keep on it :wink:!

8. Kyyla

Veteran

That's the way I felt. I don't see how the goodie armor would make the quests more interesting, or get rid of the respawning baddies. I never finished the game, it just felt lacking in actual content.

9. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Good armour brings down the difficulty in the beginning. That is what I was talking about.The game feels very different from the other glamourised shooters in the market, but that is exactly what has got me glued to it. It doesn't feel like a shiny hollywood production, it feels like a raw deal. It feels like STALKER.

10. Galduta

Veteran

#210 Galduta, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2008
  11. RenegadeRocks

Legend

My HD 4850 Gfx caard died! :(:(:( Waaaa....I was just about to go to X16 labs ! Waaa...:(

12. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

Lol, gutted!

Demand they send you a 4870 to make up for the suffering its caused you! :wink:

13. Galduta

Veteran

The game in the first version has many more bugs than the first version of STALKER , it is very difficult to play because have a lot of bugs . And the first patch for the russian version was the day of the launch, the 22 . The launch in Ukranie is the 29 and in the rest of the world in September 5

The game has MSAA in DX 10 in game .

Mod Note: URL tags for large file sizes! -AlS

Note 2: Implied piracy bits removed.

Some reviews
    Don't post scans of Magazines! It's copyright infringement. Mags need money, too

+"This is the game Shadow of Chernobyl was meant to be"

Again ? I suspect that the journalist not find Strelok in STALKER ;).

And a more negative review

PC Games 68%

I believe that the point 1 and 2 are questionable and a bit ridiculous..

14. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Great, can you enlighten me if it runs or even utilisses 64bit for Vista x64?

[​IMG]

Rofl... :lol:

I wonder who reviewed it. Seems like "gun n' runner" type.

15. MadReaper

Newcomer

Um..ok this sounds good to me. I had redunkculous amounts of money in SOC.

I really hate when reviewers complain about combat difficulty. Every times it's always the opposite of what they say. It's just to subjective. Then again I did grow up on the Wizardry series.

Despite the bugs I've been reading about, a lot of people like the chaotic feel of faction wars... isn't that how faction wars should be? I guess we just have to wait and see, since there isn't any videos really showing how the faction wars plays out.

Again, way too subjective I have to see this for myself.

Would be nice to actually read this review since all of this is pretty vague.

Next PC Zone Review:

Err, are you sure this isn't a preview. This told me nothing.

/smoke grenade

Edit: I forgot, Oleg said that another patch will be available on release which is good news. Lets just hope most of the bugs will be fixed.

#216 MadReaper, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
  16. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Sad to hear about the bugs :( I thought this one should have come out with lesser bugs than the original one.

17. anaqer

Veteran

Questionable as in 'not factual', or just questionable as reasons given why the game would be less fun than the original?

Going off on a bit of a rant here... what I don't understand regarding this kind of complaints is why developers can't be bothered to make difficulty settings more fine-grained... too many games still try to get away with the easy-normal-hard scheme We've had that 'Advanced' tab for graphics settings forever now to balance performance against quality to our hearts' desires, yet we're denied a level of control over difficulty even approaching that...?

Ideally, you should have just one default setting for anybody not wanting to bother with fine-tuning and offer as many real-time adjustable options for the rest of us as possible. Why not make artifact visibility an option, why not let the player adjust carry capacity if he so wishes, etc.? (NOTE: panel six is NOT the way to do this)

18. Galduta

Veteran

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dx10 in the russian version of the game . The original game

More screens of the original game

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105395&page=39

#219 Galduta, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  19. TGArtist

Newcomer

I can't select DX10 rendering in the game :( If I choose the last option, full dynamic lighting with DX10, it says that I have to restart the game. Ok, I do it, but when I go to options screen, it shows that I've selected the fourth option, which is not DX10. Any suggestions? I have a 8800GTX card.