S.Francisco/Silicon Valley - what to visit?

pMax

Regular
Hi guys,

I'm having an interview in the Silicon Valley (Menlo Park).
I'd like, in the free day I have, to visit something nice there around (S.Francisco etc.).

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Keep in mind I will only use Taxi/Uber, and I'm not US (and I need to get some nic pic to justify my trip to my wife without her... :p)

thanks!

Hi guys,

Keep in mind I will only use Taxi/Uber, and I'm not US (and I need to get some nic pic to justify my trip to my wife without her... :p)

thanks!

nic.jpg

You're welcome.

Lol. :D I actually had one of those, I think... Or, at least one so similar it doesn't matter, including the cable that fits in the connector at the rear and hooks up to your mobo (or did, longlong ago when mobos still had that connector...)

Don't know what's good in San Fransisco. Been there once, but only over part of a day. Went to the shorefront with the piers, had a nice fish lunch there, watched the crowds, rode the cable cars. That's pretty much the extent of it really. :) You could take the ferry out to Arcatraz, it's the stereotypical thing to do I guess. See if you can find the furnace still belching flames that Nick Cage crawled through in The Rock.

I'd suggest you go visit @Sonic's restaurant, but I don't know where it is. :)

Some random places that come off the top of my head...

Lombard Street - called the "World's Crookedest Street" is pretty famous and seen in lots of movies. It has some nice photographic opportunities both of the street itself as well as a fantastic view of San Francisco.

Haight-Ashbury
Golden State Bridge
China town
Fisherman's Warf

I'd mention Alcatraz, but that probably takes a fairly significant investment in time.

There's plenty more, but that's what came to the top of my head for things that are "easy" to see without potentially taking up your entire day, although some of them could. :)

You can probably get some suggestions from the hotel clerk of whatever place you are staying at.

Regards,
SB

You can probably get some suggestions from the hotel clerk of whatever place you are staying at.
When me and my dad visited N.Y. (manhattan, really) for two days only, I asked the doorman at the hotel my dad had seemingly randomly booked rooms at where one could get a nice calzone.

"Around the corner", the guy replied. Lol!

Was a pretty good calzone too, btw!

...Trip was nice, too bad for f..king Lufthansa killing BOTH my trips.

Hey, US landscape from the aircraft is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!! Thanks God there were no clouds for quite a bit of time (and I avoided that dumb higher energy scanner as well).

ah, Menlo Park is a fantastic place ;)

Back