RV560/570 Gemini roadmap

RV560/570 would imply 90nm and 80nm refresh thereof, which really doesn't make sense if they're meant to be released together.

Big sigh.

Jawed

i remeber when gemini info was leaked like a year ago, every one taught it would be some new CF chipset/board.
dual core GPU's looks realy nice, im guessing the on chip config is the same as they use of the R500 o/b cache.
i wonder how long untill they`ll have ondie dual core GPU's, if ever, since the GPU's are allready very parrlel so there is no much need for the On die dual GPU's. allso the die space would be pretty big, since unlike the CPU's most of the die is actualy the proccessing units, and not cache.

_xxx_ said:
Do these guys have to copy each other all the friggin' time? This is getting ridiculous...
Ah, I think he was actually being serious, as in "Yes, it does assert some kind of dual-gpu on one card". Because it does.

DOGMA1138 said:

Both nV and ATI, every 'feature' which sounds kinda good for the PR appears on the respectable roadmap a few weeks after the competitor starts bragging about it. Always that 'me too, and better then them'.

Jawed said:
RV560/570 would imply 90nm and 80nm refresh thereof, which really doesn't make sense if they're meant to be released together.
You might find that one is UMC and the other TSMC.

Ah, so not the "1" difference we've heard about before (though not seen in released products). I suppose that implies that TSMC is short on capacity, unless ATI's doing it to beat down TSMC.

Jawed

_xxx_ said:
Both nV and ATI, every 'feature' which sounds kinda good for the PR appears on the respectable roadmap a few weeks after the competitor starts bragging about it. Always that 'me too, and better then them'.
when did nV said that their making dual core GPU's?

_xxx_ said:

From Annie Get Your Graphics:

Anything you can do,
I can do better.
I can do anything
Better than you.

No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can,
Yes, I can!

Anything you can be
I can be greater.
Sooner or later,
I'm greater than you.

No, you're not. Yes, I am.
No, you're not. Yes, I am.
No, you're NOT!. Yes, I am.
Yes, I am!

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004ZDYZ/sr=8-2/qid=1141047326/ref=sr_1_2/104-8862959-8879946?%5Fencoding=UTF8 Sample there if you want the tune too for better humming in your head purposes! :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jawed said:
Ah, so not the "1" difference we've heard about before (though not seen in released products). I suppose that implies that TSMC is short on capacity, unless ATI's doing it to beat down TSMC.
Jawed
or UMC will do the mobile versions...

DOGMA1138 said:
when did nV said that their making dual core GPU's?

Not specifically dual-core, but multichip on a card. See geo's sig, we've been speculating that since mid last year ;)

geo: LOL @ that tune, that's a perfect headshot :LOL:

Well I'm glad those finally got leaked. Took them a while to post it online. :D More leaks will probably come soon with the performance estimates of RV560/RV570 that was posted in the R590 topic. ;)

Back