Running D3D9 vertex shaders on the Intel 945GM

Cat

Newcomer
A coworker has a laptop with a 945GM integrated graphics card. I can't access it for testing at the moment, but I'm still trying to get some basic vertex shaders working on his machine.

Intel's documentation says that the 945GM supports VS2.0 in software. How do I get this to work? The card's VertexShaderVersion is 0.0

I created a D3D9 device with D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEX_PROCESSING, which implies that I don't need to create any buffers with D3DUSAGE_SOFTWARE, but I think I'm still missing some steps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pushing builds across coasts is a slow, painful way to debug.

I created a D3D9 device with D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEX_PROCESSING, which implies that I don't need to create any buffers with D3DUSAGE_SOFTWARE, but I think I'm still missing some steps.

That's it. You just have to create the device with the D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEX_PROCESSING and you're done. Create your buffers as you would otherwise.

I did use VS2.0 on an Intel 945GM this way, so this should work, unless I've forgotten comething.

Back