Rumor: Grand Theft Auto VI Vice City (Americas)

I'm fine with waiting a few more years. The detail they put into these games is insane, and would like that to continue. Also the rising tide of technology helps for render targets.

I hope they go somewhere different for a change. And I also hope they didn't put a female protagonist there to cater to the progressive social justice agenda. If anything, gta being gta, it should just double down on its cinicism and cultural comentary and mock the shit out of sjws and their inconcistencies in this game.

I hope they go somewhere different for a change. And I also hope they didn't put a female protagonist there to cater to the progressive social justice agenda. If anything, gta being gta, it should just double down on its cinicism and cultural comentary and mock the shit out of sjws and their inconcistencies in this game.

you could play with a female character in GTA 1, but it hardly made any difference and you had lots of choices

in any case I would welcome a female protagonist because it's something new on their recent games (also the gender don't really define political views and so on), also I prefer a single character over what they had in GTA5.

a new location would also be nice.

a full current gen GTA game would be nice.

If there's one thing that limits narrative potentional it's accounting for additional players at all times. That's why I'm guessing a coop campaign which doesn't simply ignore the second player is not going to happen. Doesn't mean there cannot be coop, but it's gonna be a Far Cry4 and no Gears of War kinda deal.

It would certainly take GTA to the next level and be a significant challenge for them.

in any case I would welcome a female protagonist because it's something new on their recent games (also the gender don't really define political views and so on.

I was referring to how some of the typical social progressive journalists made the ludicrous claim that GTAV's portrail of female characters was biased negatively towards women. Completely missing the point the game's universe portrays ALL characters negatively and as crazy people, all characters are based on modern day stereotypes, and that the whole narrative (on that and every GTA game since III) is an amalgm of famous hollywood crime dramas and cop action movies, which typically have a stronger male presence, which is also no fucking wonder because 90% of criminals (make it 99% if you are considering highly violent criminals such as those of such movies and games) are males in real life too, and those stories revolve around these types.

I'm fine with GTA having a female protagonist if it is for a good reason, and it fits the narrative. I just hope it isn't done to apease to this vocal minority of activists claiming to know exactly how culture should be and operate and are willing to shame and whine the way into engineering it into their naive utopian ideals.

If I were Rockstar I would double down on all the perceived "misoginy" just to make it a fucking point that not all fucking games/movies/shows have to twist and turn their narratives to help state a specific narrative that happens to be fashionable at the moment.

By the way, most of the people who made the complaints I mentioned don't actually play GTA anyway, andany games who hamfisted overly-progressive themes in their games to try to play to that cultural trend, despite being louded by some media pundits and trendy college students here and there, saw much more backlash from the actual paying consumers. Even from a strictly commercial point of view, playing the id pol game is a bad strategy.

I like idea of female protagonist. It would be fresh breath of air for a recipe that already has been used enough for it to become stale.

Atmosphere on original vice city was awesome even though game mechanics were clunky.

I wouldn't mind a co-op that would be optional and support single player missions where it makes sense. 100% co-op doesn't make sense to me as that would limit too much what kind of missions are possible.

If they do co-op stealing some stuff from this old tv-series wouldn't be too bad of an idea. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dempsey_and_Makepeace

I'm fine with the female main character as long as it doesn't mean GTA 6 turns into a regressive political correctness crapfest like so many forms of media and franchises we're seeing nowadays.

in any case I would welcome a female protagonist because it's something new on their recent games (also the gender don't really define political views and so on), also I prefer a single character over what they had in GTA5.

Anecdotal evidence from the past couple of years points otherwise, unfortunately.
Funny thing is, had this MC gender swap happened back in 2013 with GTA5, everyone would be welcoming the change and no one would be suspicious of political correctness crap.

I'm fine with GTA having a female protagonist if it is for a good reason, and it fits the narrative. I just hope it isn't done to apease to this vocal minority of activists claiming to know exactly how culture should be and operate and are willing to shame and whine the way into engineering it into their naive utopian ideals.

If I were Rockstar I would double down on all the perceived "misoginy" just to make it a fucking point that not all fucking games/movies/shows have to twist and turn their narratives to help state a specific narrative that happens to be fashionable at the moment..

I wonder if they might go back to the protagonist being a "cop" however loose the term would be. A female protagonist makes sense then in the framework of a "Vice City" as she could then go undercover as a prostitute or stripper. Of course, if depending on how they did that, the internet could literally blow up.

Alternatively it gives the opportunity for the protagonist (assuming not going back to a cop story) to be a stripper or prostitute at the start of the game. That might be an interesting story of empowerment with how they got into the situation (college student needing to pay for school?) and then how they get out of the situation to move themselves into a position of power.

It probably won't go either of those routes, so I'm interested to see what kind of story they decide to go with. With past GTA games the premise has generally had at least a loose connection to real world situations. It's hard to think of many (any?) real life situations where females in gangs operate from a position of power or maneuver into a position of power outside of the sex business.

Maybe they'll go with you being the daughter of a gang boss of who just got offed and you're now out on a mission of revenge? Hell, who knows at this point. :D

Either way, color me far more intrigued with what they do with GTA VI than I have been with any previous GTA.

Regards,
SB

I hope they don't do away with the multiple protagonists approach. A female version of Trevor would be hilarious.

I also hope to see new things, thats why I would be disapointed if we are indeed going yet again back to another city from the GTAIII triology.

I hope they don't do away with the multiple protagonists approach. A female version of Trevor would be hilarious.
Would it be realistic to have a female being a drug dealer, killer, robber, and gun seller ? Well it's a videogame after all, we can create whatever alternative reality we want.

^Sure, so why not add a bunch of dragons and space aliens while we're at it. The "it's all a fantasy" excuse has always and will always be just as flimsy as it is convenient. It would be perfectly fine in some games. Most games in fact. It works perfectly in Saints Row games because everyone is a cartoon/superhero anyways. In a GTA game it would feel completely off, though. At least if it's a GTA game that functions like a regular GTA game. They are parodies of reality, and the reality of estrogen-fueled girl gangbangers beating the everloving crap out of people and cops on the streets simply doesn't exist on this planet. It's why murdering the shit out of ladies in Assassin's Creed Syndicate felt so weird to me.

As for the setting: I wouldn't mind a Floridian setting myself. Think about it: you could add swamps, amusement parks and space centers to a miniature version of Florida. Maybe I'm biased because I went to Flordia last November, but I'd love the hell out of that.

Last edited:
They are parodies of reality, and the reality of girl gangbangers beating the everloving crap out of people on the streets simply doesn't exist on this planet.

This isn't true at all. Female gangs (and the integration of females into mostly male gangs) can/do commit violent crimes. At the rate of all male gangs, of course not, but that really isn't the point.

Besides, why are we looking at females in general roles such as prostitutes and cops? Some of the most vicious crime, cartel, and mafia bosses, were (are) females. Griselda Blanco, Enedina Arellano Félix de Toledo, Francisca Cortés Picazo, Sandra Ávila Beltrán, Melissa Calderoneven, Angie Sanclemente Vaeven, Maria Licciardia, even a super hot looking female like Claudia Ochoa Félix runs a killing squad for the Mexican cartels. Plus we have all types of Infamous women throughout American history that have committed serious crimes either on their own or with male partners. So let's not put females in a box as being weaker than males when it comes to criminal activity.

But yes, I would love to see a Griselda Blanco esque like story.

As for the setting: I wouldn't mind a Floridian setting myself. Think about it: you could add swamps, amusement parks and space centers to a miniature version of Florida. Maybe I'm biased because I went to Flordia last November, but I'd love the hell out of that.

100% agree. I love traveling to Miami on business or just for fun. Something about all the cultures, especially the Cuban and Hattian areas always exciting and alive.

Last edited:
A female protagonist is totally on the table. Even based on anecdotal experience, there are plenty of women drug dealers, robbers, and just downright despicable law-breaking types. In my youth, the head honcho of dealing party favours in the club scene was an Asian female equivalent to Jaba the Hutt that you would not mess with.

Rockstar is a trend setter and only building a story with characters fueled of cocaine and bravado is too much of a cliché these days. Anyways, even adhering to that same character type, there are plenty of opportunities for female versions to portray. Look up Griselda Blanco.

Edit. You beat me to it Shortbread

As long as she's as nasty, brutal, and vicious as the male characters, I'm happy.

It will also be a bonus if she has a nice arse.

Edit: Vice City always had my favourite music, story, and, most of all, atmosphere. An '80's neon drenched Vice City with some form of global illumination should realise the latter better than ever before.

If they bundle it with '80's versions of the GTAIV and GTAV maps, they could have a huge online game, and could sell, as DLC, the single player campaigns of the aforementioned.

Last edited:
Back