RSX clarifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBDF

Newcomer
Has it been confirmed yet that the RSX has 24 pixel pipes and 8 vertex pipes? I hope they didn't go the 20/7 route Nvidia went with the 7900gs.

Also, was it ever confirmed that the RSX would be 500 mhz? Was there anything close to a confirmation?

Yes, there was something 'close' to a confirmation... on both points. Take that for what it's worth. But I wouldn't bet against them if I were you, and I wouldn't bother with RSX specs threads anymore either. ;)

I sure wish that Sony would give out the final and complete specs of the PS3 (on the same level like what we got at E3 of 2005) and say at least SOMETHING else about the RSX.

It's one month until the launch and it's really, really sad Sony currently has LESS information about the PS3's specs and the RSX than they did in 2005!

It's one month until the launch and it's really, really sad Sony currently has LESS information about the PS3's specs and the RSX than they did in 2005!

I'm sure Sony currently has all the information about PS3's specs and the RSX ...now and in 2005.

What I should have said is they have less on their WEBSITES and PRESS RELEASES than they did in 2005.

They no longer list the speed of the XDR, GDDR3, CELL, or RSX. Also, the performance data is gone and on some sites the speed of the Blu-ray drive is gone. Also, the bandwidth data is gone too!

We need a new, full, and complete specification list.

It's very sad that a month before launch Sony has LESS information on their website than they did all the way back in 2005!!!

Yeah this trend of companies possibly never releasing specs bugs me. What Nintendo will surely do with Wii. Just not ever release specs because they dont want to seem weak. It seems micosoft is the only one who proudly lists/advertises specs anymore. I'm not sure how much we're ever going to know exactly what the Wii clocks are either.

Probably the same thing Sony is doing with PS3. If they put out that they have a 500mhz GPU and 3.2 ghz CPU some casual people might see the 360 also has a 500 mhz GPU and 3.2 CPU think they are therefore the "same" power and of course Sony doesn't want that. That's my assumption on why Sony has dropped the specs (although they could still dazzle with Gflops I guess).

Are we sure they're not hiding a Cell spec drop though (because it's not listed either)? I mean I think it was previously "confirmed" by B3d that Cell was still 3.2, but I just wondered.

Are we sure they're not hiding a Cell spec drop though (because it's not listed either)? I mean I think it was previously "confirmed" by B3d that Cell was still 3.2, but I just wondered.

It wasn't B3D that 'confirmed' it, but rather Sony's FCC docs submission.

But... it is 3.2GHz, just to reiterate! ;)

Probably the same thing Sony is doing with PS3. If they put out that they have a 500mhz GPU and 3.2 ghz CPU some casual people might see the 360 also has a 500 mhz GPU and 3.2 CPU think they are therefore the "same" power and of course Sony doesn't want that. That's my assumption on why Sony has dropped the specs.

I also think that the apparent similarity in the specs is the reason they've gone hiding, also the fact that the numbers were bigger before is a reason.

Would the casual people be so wrong though if they assume this. in this particular case?

360 also has a 500 mhz GPU and 3.2 CPU think they are therefore the "same" power"

They no longer list the speed of the XDR, GDDR3, CELL, or RSX. Also, the performance data is gone and on some sites the speed of the Blu-ray drive is gone. Also, the bandwidth data is gone too!

No... what you need is a Prozac the size of Manhattan Island. Even rats running through a maze learn not to push the button that electrocutes them. You, otoh, are the rat that pushes the electrocute button over and over thinking it'll be different each time. You go through this screaming man cycle in spite of what you hear every time and what people say you should expect. I know you like to make posts that feign listening, but it's quite obvious you never have as you've rather openly claimed that your obsession is something you feel is the proper manner for you to exist.

It's fine that you are interested... just don't throw common sense to the wind.

It's very sad that a month before launch Sony has LESS information on their website than they did all the way back in 2005!!!
Quite frankly, I think you'd be all the more frantic if you did hear them because you'll be screaming for synopses with self-destructive energy. "Tell me what this means for HDR before I slit my wrists!" "What can Cell do to help?!? I could hang myself brooding over this!"

What I should have said is they have less on their WEBSITES and PRESS RELEASES than they did in 2005.

Yeah, i´m wondering whats actually in the box, i mean, the launch "window" games looks very impressive how could they do that without having the official specs somewhere?

No... what you need is a Prozac the size of Manhattan Island. Even rats running through a maze learn not to push the button that electrocutes them. You, otoh, are the rat that pushes the electrocute button over and over thinking it'll be different each time. You go through this screaming man cycle in spite of what you hear every time and what people say you should expect. I know you like to make posts that feign listening, but it's quite obvious you never have as you've rather openly claimed that your obsession is something you feel is the proper manner for you to exist.

It's fine that you are interested... just don't throw common sense to the wind.

Quite frankly, I think you'd be all the more frantic if you did hear them because you'll be screaming for synopses with self-destructive energy. "Tell me what this means for HDR before I slit my wrists!" "What can Cell do to help?!? I could hang myself brooding over this!"

lol, *nods*

You'll find out when you find out bbcat. I am sure that the specs have nothing to do with the gaming experience you are supposed to recieve, wether above or below your expectation.

I sure wish that Sony would give out the final and complete specs of the PS3 (on the same level like what we got at E3 of 2005) and say at least SOMETHING else about the RSX.
<Sigh...> I *really* thought we'd moved on from this.. :cry:

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back