RSS/XML Aggregator for 360 Released

expletive

Veteran
This looks very cool. Still reading through all the features but here's a simple list:

Full support for all versions of Windows XP (Home, Professional, Media Center) & Windows Vista
Full support for Windows Media Connect, and Windows Media Player 11 (or higher)
Built in wizards to automatically configure with WMC and WMP 11 (or higher)
Automatically downloads text based xml feeds and converts to images
Automatically downloads and builds playlists for audio podcasts and blogcasts
Automatically deletes and manages old content feeds, allowing you to set the max number of feed items to retain
Simulates the Xbox 360 dashboard look onto rendered text content feeds
Downloads and renders content feeds with all images, and html formatting
Automatically breaks up large content feeds onto multiple pages
Easily add/remove and manage content feeds with the intuitive XB Stream feed manager
Supports outputting images in both widescreen and standard definition format.
Choose the frequency of how often content feeds should download and update - 5, 15, 30 minutes, 1, 4 hours, 1 day, 1 week, or choose manual updates
Runs as a Windows NT service, allowing feeds to be downloaded to the Xbox 360 without anyone logging into the computer
Log-off the computer and content feed updates will still download and process themselves
Comes included with several text and audio content feeds from the best of the Xbox 360 community sites
Built just for the Xbox 360 video game console, and best of all it’s completely FREE!

http://www.xbstream.com/xbs/archives/6

You know, I was impressed right up to the point where I realised this thing doesn't actually run on the 360. Missed opportunity!

You know, I was impressed right up to the point where I realised this thing doesn't actually run on the 360. Missed opportunity!

Yeah seems the collector runs on a PC and then sends it to the 360. At least it doesnt require Win MCE, which i was expecting.

Yeah seems the collector runs on a PC and then sends it to the 360. At least it doesnt require Win MCE, which i was expecting.
WMP11 already removed the need of MCE on streaming videos too, so why would anything else new coming up need it?

It's a good little program. My only complaint is that there is no setting to adjust resolution. It renders the images @ 1920 x 1080 which makes loading the images quite slow.

Back