Rome:Total War - Menu Cursor Corruption

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Randell, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

Anybody else playing this on a 6800? On my GT I get cursor trails corrupting the main menu screen. I've tried 66.51's and 66.81's both suffer. Several complaints on the Total War forums. I would drop back to the 61.77's but someone there said they still get with drivers from nvidia's site (without naming the version so I guess it's those).

2. McElvis

Regular

No corruption here on my mobile 5600 using the 61.77 drivers from nVidia's website. Is this limited to 6XXX chips?

3. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

maybe I've still got it with the 61.77'.s

4. Subtestube

Newcomer

I'm pickin' it up tomorrow - I run 65.73, so I'll get back with info then. (And yes, I do have a 6800)

5. Ylandro

Newcomer

Don't know about the 6800 and RTW, but there's a general trick you can try when having mouse cursor problems:

Put the 'hardware acceleration' not on full, but just one step lower. (Somewhere in the properties of the graphics card)
    It disables mouse hardware acelleation, but nothing else. Solves most mouse cursor problems.

6. bloodbob

bloodbob Trollipop
    Veteran

Instal the video codec stuff from the CD and it will fix it. ( WMV9 I think )

7. Randell

Randell Senior Daddy
    Veteran

actually its WM10 that fixes it and the CTD when you click on the Senate tab. I had installed WM10 for the Senate bug and was pleased to see it also fixed the menu issue.