Rogue Squadron III video is here!

Suggestion - instead of watching it using that stupid exe proggy (that didn't even worked on my computer) just rename

01.01.0052300014.tv

to

01.01.0052300014.mpg

and watch the video using whatever media player you're using.

Graphics are pretty darn nice, but the gameplay looks like RL (with an added 3rd person shooter element). How long have we been doing Hoth? First-gen N64? :p

How long have we been doing Hoth? First-gen N64?

More like since atari. But since when have you taken down an AT-AT while you're on foot, your lightsaber and a thermal frag? :p (yea i know about SNES, so lets say in 3d, and faithfull to the movie, while snes's level was inside the at-at, sorta dumb)

Some settings in RS3 will be similar to RS2, but thats as far as it goes, you will not play the same missions as RS2, you wont fly down the death star's trenches or enter inside it to destroy the core and escape as fast as you can.. You'll play famous movie parts that will be based on ground aswell as flight missions, like when luke is on endor trying to go destroy the imperial's shield with his rebel group, you'll play stuffs like that.

RS2 is a multiplayer bonus.. RS3 + RS2 on one disc 8)

Here's the new bespin, and its in split screen, so its rendering the scenery twice.

bes.jpg

Compared to the old RS2 bespin

5.jpg

Huge upgrade in the lighting engine, the RS2 shot makes it look like cheap ass CGI compared to RS3.

zurich said:
How long have we been doing Hoth? First-gen N64? :p

Nope, SNES. In Super Empire Strikes Back you fly on Hoth and from the sound of this game do exactly what you did in it. In SESB you would first take down the AT-ATs then get shot down and get out grapple up and take it out.

Well, as I've said in the past, I'm much more of a Tie Fighter (old PC one) kind of guy. Hell, even if a souped of Tie Fighter came out for a current gen system with a $150 controller I'd be game. That game was pure Star Wars bliss.

More like since atari. But since when have you taken down an AT-AT while you're on foot, your lightsaber and a thermal frag? :p (yea i know about SNES, so lets say in 3d, and faithfull to the movie, while snes's level was inside the at-at, sorta dumb)

Actually, in "The Empire Strikes Back" from the Original NES you got to take down AT-ATs with your lightsaber, true to the movie.(Admittedly not 3d, though).

Nobody commented on the new bespin ? Im surprised by this forum, especially when its about factor5, this forum's fetish developer they all would love to see eat a broom :?

Cyborg said:
Nobody commented on the new bespin ? Im surprised by this forum, especially when its about factor5, this forum's fetish developer they all would love to see eat a broom :?

I don't think that pic accurately reflects how the Bespin level really looks. It seems screengrabbed with incorrect gamma/brightness settings. Look at the radar screen and wingman order cross in the other screen corner, are they REALLY supposed to be impossible to make out? I doubt it!

Something's funky with that grab is my bet. Other than probably being bogus, it really looks fabulous. ;)

One other thing that speaks at it being wrong: none of the other screen shows effects looking even slightly similar to this one. If the whole game had that advanced lighting stuff going on, then I'd believe it. But not with just one single grab out of a whole bunch.

*G*

Grall said:
I don't think that pic accurately reflects how the Bespin level really looks. It seems screengrabbed with incorrect gamma/brightness settings. Look at the radar screen and wingman order cross in the other screen corner, are they REALLY supposed to be impossible to make out? I doubt it!

Something's funky with that grab is my bet. Other than probably being bogus, it really looks fabulous. ;)

One other thing that speaks at it being wrong: none of the other screen shows effects looking even slightly similar to this one. If the whole game had that advanced lighting stuff going on, then I'd believe it. But not with just one single grab out of a whole bunch.

*G*

Yeah, it is from the high res vid and it looks way different on my screen when watching the video.

edit-here is what it looks like in the video

RSIII.jpg

Something's funky with that grab is my bet

The screen was cropped, because it was split screen, thats why its a weird ratio, which i mentioned above. Look at the video @ 1:15

02.jpg

05.jpg

I dont think i've ever seen a forest so accurately rendered in real-time ever..

Grall:

> It seems screengrabbed with incorrect gamma/brightness settings.

You're looking directly at the sun in that pic. The other levels have the same effect.

That Bespin pic really makes me wish that RL mission are included as single player missions again, though. It looks so much more like the movie now :/

Back