RoboCop: Rogue City [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Gameplay looks weird. How does this game work? Movement and shooting look like they are automated

Normal fps gameplay doesn't really marry with RoboCop's stomp through a scene and accurate shoot people with too many bullets. It doesn't look like they're really doubling down on making the game Robocop-y, other than the aiming reticule? Hopefully I'm wrong on that.

Also, I really just want a modern take on DID's Robocop 3 game. The driving music and 'uugh' when splatterpunks are shot takes me back!

If you haven't tried their Terminator game that might be a way to get an idea of where they might go here. The scope of that and the effort they put into authenticity was completely surprising from an unknown indie.

It would be great if they would do something with UE's native VR mode. The Terminator game just needed a command line var and would launch into VR with gamepad play and just messed up UI elements.

Last edited:
I tried it too. I have a 3080 12GB and it runs great on Epic at 4K as long as either DLSS or FSR are enabled. Visually it's not the most astonishing thing ever but overall I am impressed. Sometimes it looks awesome. Robocop himself is super detailed. Most faces are impressive I think. The destructible environments are nice. I also enjoyed throwing CRTs at goons.

It's clear they were again obsessed with authenticity and detail. Good stuff. The dialog is sometimes a but funky, probably because of a non-native-English writer but it doesn't bother me. It again seems to essentially be a mission based immersive sim with some stats, relationships and character development.

Last edited:
Interest piqued. This looks like it may be quite varied and fun.

Back