Robinson: The Journey PS4 VR

The CryENGINE can do more. This graphics is not totally unrealistic on PlayStation 4 . AF is low sometimes, some assets and pp-effects were better in Crysis 3 on PC.

The area showin in the trailer was quite small, but everything got really busy when dinos started appearing in larger numbers. Crytek will make it work on PS4, even if the downgrades are needed.

What I'm more concerned about is the movement of the player. It was not realistic for VR game scenario.

I wonder how they are going to do player movement in this game (in all VR games with free player movment in fact)?

I hope it's not completely on rails. Even then, I'm sure I'd still buy and enjoy it though.

The only 100% solution for not breaking the "sense of presence" is teleporting. BlinkVR YT video explained it the best.

Bleeegh!! Doesn't sound like a reasonable solution for every VR game.

They could have just put the kid that you play in a wheel chair. That way it shouldn't break the sense of "presence" or immersion in the world, and might actually create more tension, given the more limited mobility.

Yes, putting player on a wheelchair is also acceptable. The Assembly is using that kind of approach for the opening section of the game [arrival at the research station].

I'm sure you actually meant "SouthPark Timmy", because "Southwark Timmy" is one my mates here in London, and he's a bit of a butch meathead.
Lol. I did mean South Park. Freudian slip, I actually live in Southwark!

btw you already can see the PC version vs the PS4 version from the trailers

PC version = the PS4 trailer
PS4 version = the 3 seconds footage inside "10 upcoming PS VR games trailer accolade/montage"

*i assumed the version from the picture quality that much worst on the "10 upcoming PS VR game".

btw you already can see the PC version vs the PS4 version from the trailers

PC version = the PS4 trailer
PS4 version = the 3 seconds footage inside "10 upcoming PS VR games trailer accolade/montage"

*i assumed the version from the picture quality that much worst on the "10 upcoming PS VR game".

No, they're the same. The picture quality on the montage video is worse because the image is stretched. The actual game's trailer has black bars, whereas the montage video has none, and they've stretched the image to fit the screen.

Because I forgot to add the videos to my previous post and can't edit my post after 5 minutes (sigh)...

Trailer

Montage (Starts at 1:07)

They're clearly the same. Also, the montage video is just a mix of footage from trailers they've already released. It doesn't even make any sense to assume the footage is from a different platform lol.

We still dont know if its real time or if it is rendered in engine or whatever. I doubt we will get that level of visuals in real time. Especially if we consider that the game should be running at 60fps in order to have a good VR experience

Maybe possible at 900p or even 720p? I don't suppose high a res would matter much when you're viewing through the headset no?

Back