Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

Why the fuck does the cargo rotate on the cargo ships??? You rotate crew areas to produce artificial gravity (but they have some kind of handwavium, low volume low power artificial gravity tech suitable for use in tiny 1 person ships up to large space-stations so there doesn't even seem a good reason to do that).
Cargo can sit around in zero-G so rotating it is just a pointless complication :runaway:

This is a big issue I have with the ships too: lots of 'oh this looks cool' and 'this ship has this theme' rather than 'this is practical for what the ship is supposed to do' :nope:
So many ships with major design flaws like rotating cargo, engines that thrust in wrong place, horrible cockpit fields of view, terrible turret placement (and then they announce that one warship with perfect arcs/coverage), cargo/vehicle bays that don't fit a bunch of the vehicles, really odd complicated entry/exit procedures, totally pointless wings, oddly placed/shaped landing gear...

Sure, they can rework them to fix the broken stuff but why announce/release such obviously stupid/broken ideas in the first place?
Its a waste of time & the (huge amounts of) money of people who have already paid.

For the mining ship:
"Yeah, they said they fill by dropping into the container pointed down (the one that would be below a crew members feet when inside the ship), then rotates to the next container to point down.

The animation is just to show it's movement, it's not a cement mixer or a rock polisher (although...maybe that's part of its refining, sifting and breaking up ore to chip away the slag or whatever they call it)"

I don't know if they are rotating on the cargo ships. I'll have to look but it does not seem so.

engines that thrust in wrong place,

At least the Reclaimer does not have this problem.
Reclaimer.jpg

Last edited:
Squadron 42 Update:

-Bengal
-Monorail system on Bengal and mining station
-Vanduul capital ship weapons
-interior Xi'an alien ship design and animations
-UEE probs and food
-takedown system
-new skin shader
- 23 minutes about AI

Last edited:
I don't know if they are rotating on the cargo ships. I'll have to look but it does not seem so
Yeah I rewatched the vid & apparently I had missed that they switched from showing Hull ships to a big mining ship with the rotatey bits, I'd been thinking that was showing Hull ships with rotating cargo, my bad :oops:
I guess rotating to aid ore processing on the mining ship makes enough sense.

3.1.1 is out:

Roadmap: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

The new space stations will probably all be completely filled inside.

I like the Hammerheads Bridge with its nice down view (WIP)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/tlm0q31wdhrpfr/source/Hammerhead_Bridge.png

"The session’s primary focus was to create source material for ships. This was partly inspired by the sound production on the film ‘Interstellar,’ which used large scale subwoofers to resonate aircraft fuselages, modeling the behavior of spaceships under duress, simulating atmospheric entry and strong gravitational fields, and so on."

I hope there's a lot of bass coming into Star Citizen. Unfortunately, my Subwoofer (which can reach up to 20Hz) rests too much in video games while he was used a lot in Interstellar etc.

Fanmade Reclaimer trailer

Yeah I rewatched the vid & apparently I had missed that they switched from showing Hull ships to a big mining ship with the rotatey bits, I'd been thinking that was showing Hull ships with rotating cargo, my bad :oops:
I guess rotating to aid ore processing on the mining ship makes enough sense.

Nevertheless, space ships could be made more logical in some places.

One more thing because of the poor field of view of the Razor:
V3JRTAg.png

I got my conceriage book and card. Pretty nice

I guess you're already with over $1,000 into Star Citizen.

Last edited:
Yea I am personally in for about 1,500. My group of friends were in with a joint org account of about 8k but we got a lot of that refunded. Since 2015 a lot of my friends group has had families or just much more high demand jobs and couldn't envision playing in 4 or 5 years when the game was actually ready so we got what we could refunded. I am not to sure how much I can play when the game comes out. I just got engaged and will be married june of next year and we are talking about kids in 2020. So who knows how much time I will have

Sadly gaming time is likely to decrease by the same amount. It makes no sense!
Lol yeah. What about kids does? :p

Well, other than the obvious I mean, the love, affection and joy of a child? (Once they stop screaming their heads off as soon as they don't get what they want that is...which only takes what, 21 years or so at most? :p)

100i is the new 300i and therefore the 300i gets bigger and maybe more expensive.

Origin 100i
Origin_100_promo_cargo_al_WT_FINAL-Min.jpg

Q: With the 100 series now filling the “Origin starter” slot, will the role of the 300 series be impacted?
A: Yes. When the 300 series will get its rework completed, it will fill both a higher tier place in the ship hierarchy, and have its current roles more defined and focused. The 100 series is a great entry point for what the 300 series will become in a future release.

Last edited:
The problem with this is it fucks up all the other ships higher up than it. So the 300i which is $55 is going to get bigger. But some of the ships that were in the $80 and $100 range wont. its the same problem with the mustang. It got bigger so a starter ship is going to be bigger than the avenger. So the avenger gets bigger but now its going to be almost as large as a $100 ship and people paid $50 for it.

Anyway during free fly weekend the mustang and aurora starter packs are $10 bucks off so only $35

I have a 300i. Does that mean I'll end up with a new version of the 300i, or it will be swapped for a 100i if that's the new equivalent?

You're gonna keep the 300i (updated one). I'm curious how the new 300i will look like. Probably similar but with more storage space, more space to walk around etc.

Last edited:
Back