RIP Mr. Pratchett

Npl

Veteran
Sad day. Felt the dame when Adams passed away, those two are responsible for pretty much every book I red (voluntary).

Hope he will find his way to a discworld of his grandeur.

A real loss. His last few books haven't been as good as the earlier ones (understandable), but still have a lot more to say than many authors around. I was always interested to see which particular social injustice Vimes would deal with when the new books featuring him were published!

Following the death of Iain M Banks the other year, it seems that too many of my favourite authors are making untimely departures from this mortal coil.

A real loss. His last few books haven't been as good as the earlier ones (understandable),
I've only just started reading "Raising Steam" but it seems extremely relevant to today.

Anyway, Sir Terry, "Don't fade away.."

B_9tgGYWMAAT0oy.jpg

Reactions: Rys
Yeah, I've got Raising Steam in my 'to do' reading pile. Sad that it will be the last one.

I suppose I could always go and borrow my niece's Tiffany Aching series of books by Pratchett! I know they are intended for kids but Truckers and the other kids books he wrote were pretty good.

I suppose I could always go and borrow my niece's Tiffany Aching series of books by Pratchett! .
As long as you promise to return them**. I lent out a couple of Pratchett books and they never came back. :-|

**and they are well worth reading.

Like I mentioned on Twitter, I'm embarrassed that I've never read a single one of his books, and as with Iain Banks I'm sad that I'll only start to read them posthumously.

Play some Discworld, great adventure game.

The watch novels are good, although I'd start with The colour of magic & The light fantastic.
I think I haven't read any of DEATH novels yet...

Last edited:
This is a shame. As well as the books, I really enjoyed the Discworld games back on the Saturn. Incidentally, Blazing Dragons was another enjoyable Saturn title, which I believe Eric Idle et al had part in too.

And a tremendous ending (intro?) to the second one:

That's a classic scene. P.S. Simon - can you please private message me / or check your email at simon.fenney@powervr.com. I want ask you something re: 3D graphics. Apologies if this is rude.

Back