Reuters business: Nvidia aims to increase market share

_xxx_ said:
I didn't realize mobile phones 3D business is that big already.
Maybe not yet, but it appears it's becoming that way in the next few years. nVidia has mentioned several times how it's a market with a booming amount of potential, so I guess they're getting prepared.

As the demand for laptops overtakes desktops and with ATI having a big market share lead over nvidia in laptop gpu market shouldn't ATI increase profits going into 2007 as demand for laptop gpu increases to run Vista aero glass?

Mariner said:
And in other breaking news, the Pope's a Catholic and bears shit in the woods...

Errm, why does the Holy Father carry poop in the forest?

Mariner said:
Pah! You know what I meant. Insert the comma yourself if you wish. :p

Heh. Well I did read it the way I said at first (tho admittedly not for long), and having had that visual imagery thrust upon my brain decided to share! :LOL:

just21 said:
As the demand for laptops overtakes desktops and with ATI having a big market share lead over nvidia in laptop gpu market shouldn't ATI increase profits going into 2007 as demand for laptop gpu increases to run Vista aero glass?

Up to a certian point but even an Fx runs Aero Glass just fine at least for the time being ;)

Dave Baumann said:
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/tech/gamesandgadgets/10274164.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

ATI's non-PC graphics business, which primarily consists of their handheld products, now accounts for 14% of annual revenues.

Nice find Dave, this is a very intense market which ATi has a good foothold over the competition. Lots of cellphones and other hand held devices are going to be going full 3d in the future, should be a nice hot spot for the graphics companies :)

Back