Resident Evil 4 - Remake [XBSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC]

You're still loved and I think it's awesome you have access to someone like him to ask questions too!

Do you think he would be up for registering here to contribute to discussions?

I dont know him at all, i just send him a very polite email and asked nicely if he would be so kind and answer my question. But sure i can ask if he would be interested to join.

IMG_0958.png

Not surprised by the scores. The demo was super fun to play with great controls (once tweaked) and it's still the best RE.

Unsurprisingly, we're gonna have to wait til gamers actually get their hands on it to get better impressions. The reviews are predictably just hype-infused uncritical praise. Dont get me wrong, I'm 99.9% sure I'll enjoy it and not suggesting it might not actually be good, but as with any game, there's gonna be things it doesn't do as well and ultra hyped games like this never talk about this stuff in reviews.

There's a YouTuber I support. A well known one. He got the game early and proved it. He listed a whole ton of stuff that got removed. He even made a list on his channel.

I'm of course talking about Michael Does Life.

Nonetheless, I don't expect Capcom's fans to care too much, since RE4 the original was likely their first foray into the franchise anyway. However, the remakes of 2 and 3 did the same thing. Yet many people only really targeted their criticism at 3 for doing it.

In general how are the impressions? Didnt play Resi 3 Remake, only 2.
I was disappointed with some of the changes and omissions in 2 Remake but overall it was faithful enough, brilliant and I liked it a lot.
3 Remake based on what I ve heard made even more critical changes and omissions that were important to the overall experience that defined the original which is whyy people didnt like it as much.
But that was also evident in its review scores. Resi 3 got 79 and Resi 2 got 91 on Metacritic. 4 gets 94.

Soooo I never finished RE2 remake (or the original). But I will at some point. And I'm never going to play RE3 at this rate. Is this a deal breaker, or can I easily slip into RE4?

Soooo I never finished RE2 remake (or the original). But I will at some point. And I'm never going to play RE3 at this rate. Is this a deal breaker, or can I easily slip into RE4?
Based on my experience with the old games, you can easily enjoy Resi 4 as a standalone. The story isnt a full continuation from 2 or 3.
You know Umbrella is involved, a character from 2 comes back, but everything else is new. Resi 3 doesnt even involve any of 2's or 4's characters.
3's story happens independently and in parallel with 2. You can ignore 3 altogether to play 4. Although it is much better to finish 2 Remake because you get to know the settings, Leon and the particular other character better

Based on my experience with the old games, you can easily enjoy Resi 4 as a standalone. The story isnt a full continuation from 2 or 3.
You know Umbrella is involved, a character from 2 comes back, but everything else is new. Resi 3 doesnt even involve any of 2's or 4's characters.
3's story happens independently and in parallel with 2. You can ignore 3 altogether to play 4. Although it is much better to finish 2 Remake because you get to know the settings, Leon and the particular other character better
Perfect! I'm not too far from RE2 end so that's good.

Unsurprisingly, we're gonna have to wait til gamers actually get their hands on it to get better impressions. The reviews are predictably just hype-infused uncritical praise. Dont get me wrong, I'm 99.9% sure I'll enjoy it and not suggesting it might not actually be good, but as with any game, there's gonna be things it doesn't do as well and ultra hyped games like this never talk about this stuff in reviews.
Yeah, its like original was one of best scoring game and they are afraid to not give max score, its looks like similar situation to Metroid Prime remake (wrongly called remastered)

Yeah, its like original was one of best scoring game and they are afraid to not give max score, its looks like similar situation to Metroid Prime remake (wrongly called remastered)
Or they just think the original games are that good and the new versions are as good in different ways

Novel concept I know

Why? I found the demo very enjoyable.
I found it less polish than old re2r with bad reconstruction on ps5 and fps drops in resolution mode even without rt. Also re2r was something new, it was reimagination of very old formula of old re2 with gameplay close to old re4. Here we have similar gameplay, less polish, not real progression in graphic/engine and we have 2023. I can imagine its still very good game but any 10/10 is baffling for me.

I found it less polish than old re2r with bad reconstruction on ps5 and fps drops in resolution mode even without rt. Also re2r was something new, it was reimagination of very old formula of old re2 with gameplay close to old re4. Here we have similar gameplay, less polish, not real progression in graphic/engine and we have 2023. I can imagine its still very good game but any 10/10 is baffling for me.
I agree the IQ is not great but the game is quite fun and gameplay is better than RE2R for me.

I loved the demo too. If it wasnt for comparison videos I probably wouldnt even have noticed any problems with reconstruction. It looks great

I agree the IQ is not great but the game is quite fun and gameplay is better than RE2R for me.
RE2R will be my favourite ever, but this is what I've heard from the people that already completed it after many hours playing the game. Best RE remake to date and better than RE2R. I don't care much tbh, since I pre-purchased the game on Steam a few months ago. Just 2 days to go.

To be fair capcom reconstruction was always that bad on ps4/5; the only difference is the vegetation was very spare in the previous releases; I not defend this shit because on xbox console weirdly never was like that but such issue was very common in many games during the past generation; I played Far Cry 5 and grass is exactly horrid as RER4 on ps5, ironically no one give a fuck of such stuff until this generation

Last edited:
To be fair reconstruction was always that bad on ps4/5; the only difference is the vegetation was very spare in the previous releases;
Thats interesting points, VIllage had imo good reconstruction but vegetatioin looks like crap. In re4r also hairs looks terrible.

Thats interesting points, VIllage had imo good reconstruction but vegetatioin looks like crap. In re4r also hairs looks terrible.
I remind the final cutscene of RE2R where there was a particular grassfield weirdly blurry and horrid.

Back