Reputation, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used to send me emails, but at the end I just had to reply "John stop sending me naked pictures of yourself"

IReverend, we just don't care!
Then you and "the others" should not even be posting the above (why respond when "we don't care" ?).

If you don't care to read about something, don't read. What's the problem?

What may not be interesting to you may be interesting to others.

This is a public forum, not a private one.

Posting only here what John writes me is a need for me to get attention, correct?

Posting here every little piece of uninteresting crap John writes you is attention seeking. Or such threads like "Why is JC revered" in the 3D-Tech section or such things.

I really have nothing against you (which you can see because I didn't neg-rep you for ages), but I do find it truly annoying sometimes.

Posting here every little piece of uninteresting crap John writes you is attention seeking. Or such threads like "Why is JC revered" in the 3D-Tech section or such things.
But how can this be attention-seeking if I'm posting every little piece of uninteresting crap a mere game coding monkey writes me?

I really have nothing against you (which you can see because I didn't neg-rep you for ages), but I do find it truly annoying sometimes.
There are thousands of threads and posts in this forum that I am sure you care very little about and that you wouldn't describe as annoying. Why is this particular thing being singled out?

There are thousands of threads and posts in this forum that I am sure you care very little about and that you wouldn't describe as annoying. Why is this particular thing being singled out?

Those threads are (mostly) about some interesting facet of computer graphics/games. Not about your personal relationship with some big-name developer (or by extension about the glory that reflects back on you because he happens to respond to your e-mails).

You did it again in the GDC thread ... "I got told some stuff by some developers <end of post>". We care about what the devs said, we don't care that they told you. Either tell us what they said, or don't tell us at all. Really it's like something out of the primary school playground, "I've got a seeecret".

And now this thread is all about how you're being victimised! You're being told the above by numerous different people here. Time for you to step back and ask yourself what you're doing wrong I think. In the meantime, it's ASBO time I think.

Those threads are (mostly) about some interesting facet of computer graphics/games.
No, I'm talking about threads that you or _xxx_ or others that you really don't care about. You read them and you move on. What's the difference in this case?

You did it again in the GDC thread ... "I got told some stuff by some developers <end of post>". We care about what the devs said, we don't care that they told you. Either tell us what they said, or don't tell us at all. Really it's like something out of the primary school playground, "I've got a seeecret".
But I did say what the devs told me, which wasn't very much and that's why I asked if any of the B3D guiys are attending GDC so that we can get some report. And no, I'm not naming the devs because I keep getting accused of "name-dropping" !!

And now this thread is all about how you're being victimised!
I definitely think I am.

I still fail to see what's wrong with posting from time to time what John (or Mr John Doe the game developer) writes me, whether they are interesting or uninteresting crap.

I'm not seeking attention so if you don't give me any attention, problem solved. Posting frequently what some developer writes me from time to time, interesting or not, is my right; I'm not violating any TOS and I certainly wouldn't be harming you. Where's and what's the problem?

FWIW, I had seeked Rys' advice and I will act accordingly because he made sense in a polite way. It's not going to stop me from making my point however, which is, again, I'm harming absolutely no one. In fact, I'd recommend you put me on your ignore list if this is a problem to you!

I'll make this very simple for all concerned. If you don't like a post or thread someone makes, don't troll it. If you must respond, respond in a decent fashion and make a point without personal attack. If you have a serious issue with someone, take it to private message and resolve it like adults.

If people aren't contributing to B3D healthily, they should ask themselves why they're contributing at all. Those are just basic common sense things to do on any high-quality discussion forum, which I hope everyone realises this is.

Further, there's a nice No Holds Barred section at EB that I'm sure Dig will welcome you to with open arms, if you must get nasty with someone :LOL: Don't bring it here, though.

Now if we can get back to being our normal excellent selves around here, I'd seriously appreciate it. There's little enough time in the day for working on B3D as it is, without having to respond to derailed threads like this.

End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back