Reputation, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask the Arabs why they invented 0. Seems pretty handy to me. :yep2:
IIRC, I believe it actually originated in India.

FWIW, the English word "cipher" does come from the middle-eastern word for zero**.

(** I just don't know which language had it first).

ok ok, better question:

What's the point of them? :p

Those are from posters trying to give you positive rep. However, while the do have the power to rep you, they don't possess the necessary amount of posts / years / rep to actually give you points. But it's always nice to see your posts appreciated, isn't it? We don't post to get rep ;-)

ah.... thanks for the explanation. I was wondering where they came from because I only see "approve" or "disapprove" when I click on the scales, but no um... neutral rep thing. :)

Those are from posters trying to give you positive rep. However, while the do have the power to rep you, they don't possess the necessary amount of posts / years / rep to actually give you points. But it's always nice to see your posts appreciated, isn't it? We don't post to get rep ;-)

Ooooh, those! I thought he meant the display in folks postbit, when that's gray. Didn't realize he meant the ones in his CP display.

Those seem to happen most when Members (user class) try to pos rep Senior Members or Regulars. They just don't have the weight to add to points, tho as noted it's always nice to know you're appreciated.

cheers :D I should have mentioned where I was seeing it. Oddly enough, the comments with the grey ones are all about my wacky humour (from various folks). :cool: It's like a highlight.

Oddly enough, the comments with the grey ones are all about my wacky humour (from various folks). :cool:
That leaves two possibilities then:

1. The people enjoying your humor are neither very senior, nor very reputable themselves.
2. The ‘powers that be’ doesn't enjoy said humor and are using their God (read: admin panel) given powers to negate any rep gleamed from it.

:devilish:

I'm very disappointed that I need 1000 posts to find out who's repped me, at my current rate that will be June of 2019. I don't think I'll ever have 1,000 interesting or intelligent things to say, this is something of a dilemma, at least some people have the decency to initial their reps.

Wow, no kidding. You could always start posting a lot of inane, pointless, redundant and infantile stuff like a lot of us do :D You'll be at 1000 posts in no time!

I don't think I'll ever have 1,000 interesting or intelligent things to say, this is something of a dilemma, at least some people have the decency to initial their reps.

That doesn't seem to have stopped others from having over 10,000 posts... :runaway:

I don't think I like your humour! :devilish:
Sorry... :oops: It's kinda' like when you wander past someone having left out a barrel of fish next to a loaded shotgun: Sometimes it is just too hard to resist... :cool:

No barrel of fish was harmed in the crafting of this analogy!

Sorry... :oops: It's kinda' like when you wander past someone having left out a barrel of fish next to a loaded shotgun: Sometimes it is just too hard to resist... :cool:

No barrel of fish was harmed in the crafting of this analogy!

:LOL: No worries, I was wondering if someone would point out the "possibilities". :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back