Reputation, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend

Banned
Is there any way that I can be informed whenever I receive new reds/greens every time I log on to the forum?

And yes, I do believe in the rep system here now! :smile:

Is there any way that I can be informed whenever I receive new reds/greens every time I log on to the forum?
I don't read all the forums here so have subscribed (with no notification) to the ones that do interest me. I then set my B3D bookmark to the UserCP homepage, which shows only these forums and coincidentally also my reputation.

And yes, I do believe in the rep system here now! :smile:

I regularly check my UserCP to see if people replied to threads i've posted in or watched, and the rep is all in the same page...

Not sure if a notification of Rep would really be worth the trouble, when the information is just one click away...

Bookmarking the CP instead of the forum itself, as suggested above, would be the easiest way to accomplish that.

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I have been wondering about my rep points...
on my CP I have 5 green dots and 1 grey dot. How come I have 51points? If the grey dot is negative shouldn't it count only as -5points?
Please explain this to me before I scratch my head off. :)

I didn't want to start a new thread, but I have been wondering about my rep points...
on my CP I have 5 green dots and 1 grey dot. How come I have 51points? If the grey dot is negative shouldn't it count only as -5points?

Grey means someone tried to rep you, but they didn't have enough "rep power" to affect your rep.

Different members can give different amounts of rep, based on their own rep I believe. So those 5 green dots you saw are not necessarily worth the same amount. There's no straight math to figure out the rep points just from the number of approvals/disapprovals you've received.

Different members can give different amounts of rep, based on their own rep I believe. So those 5 green dots you saw are not necessarily worth the same amount. There's no straight math to figure out the rep points just from the number of approvals/disapprovals you've received.

Actually there is, it's some arcane formula only the most trusted members of Beyond3d know of:

1 point for every 100 points of rep
1 point for every 1000 posts
1 point for every year since joining Beyond3d. (not sure about this one, though).

Capped at 15 positive. negative rep points = positive / 3, thus capped at -5

1 point for every year since joining Beyond3d. (not sure about this one, though).
In that case, some of us should have a lot more weight. I seem to recall joining sometime around maybe '97 or '98. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
But it fits the color scheme better, and doesn't have any relation to the color scheme of the two major IHVs. And not standing out as much doesn't strike me as a bad thing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back