Reports of PS3 malfunctions at TGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobwal

Legend
"Macquarie Equities' David Gibson issued a report expressing concern that many of the 200-plus PS3s on the floor of the Tokyo Game Show "operated erratically and had to be repeatedly reset," according to the AP."

"While the reason for this is unknown, we suspect it may be due to overheating as a result of enclosing the units and the high temperatures at the venue," Gibson said. "We are concerned that such a problem has occurred so close to full production and is clearly negative news for the company."

"In its defense, Sony said the PS3 failures were caused by unusually high temperatures created by having many of the next-gen consoles operating in close proximity to each other. "It's not a problem with the PlayStation 3 unit itself," Sony spokeswoman Nanako Kato told the AP. "For a normal player at home, there shouldn't be any problem."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6159254.html

Hope this is not a major problem. I'd advised anyone buying a PS3 to get that service plan offered by most typical retailers. My service plan came in handy just last week when my xbox 360 (manufacturered 12-2005) started freezing up.

I remember being offered the 2 year plan for $40.00 and going "$40.00 for a $400 product...highway robbery!!!". But I remembered the red ring of death stories and went "Yeah I'll take it...sigh". However, it came in handy on thursday and its good till Feb 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...PSM3 and others who have had the chance to review the system haven't had any complaints! That seems like a more natural environment for the PS3 to be in anyways rather than a game show, with hot lights and clustered space! Just imagine all those sweaty palms on the PS3 -- yuk! That definately WILL NOT be happening when mine arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back