Renderware for PSP

Tuttle said:

So we will see some wrecked cars on the PSP soon. :D

I'm really looking forward to see the rendering power of the Psp in a burnout game...

To be honest , i'm really looking forward to see the rendering of a psp. period. :LOL:

So, that's news about consoles. This is console board...

Anyways, here's complete press release:

RENDERWARE COMES TO PSPâ„¢

Entire RenderWare toolchain to support Sony Computer Entertainment Inc 's PSPâ„¢

07:00am , 22nd March, 2004 (PST), Game Developer Conference (GDC), San Jose : — Criterion Software®, the world's leading provider of game development solutions, announces today that the entire suite of RenderWare® tools and technologies has been brought to Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s PSP™.

The RenderWare toolchain for PSPâ„¢ , as well as incorporating RenderWare Platform in its entirety, also provides full support for PSPâ„¢ from within RenderWare Studio. In the same way the RenderWare toolchain has revolutionized the game production process for console videogames and PC games, the RenderWare toolchain for PSPâ„¢ realizes the ability to effectively plan, manage, collate and execute game production and development for PSPâ„¢.

David Lau-Kee, Criterion's CEO comments, “PSPâ„¢ is a truly revolutionary platform , and it has been a pleasure to work on it. Demand from RenderWare users for support for PSPâ„¢ has been phenomenal, and we're looking forward to delivering the full RenderWare toolchain for PSPâ„¢ to them. RenderWare has long provided the underlying power behind many AAA videogames, and in an increasingly high-stakes world, is a brand that people know and trust to deliver. Producing RenderWare for PSPâ„¢ reinforces Criterion's commitment to empowering the publisher and developer communities with open, flexible and future-proofed production solutions.â€

Criterion will be demonstrating the RenderWare toolchain for PSP â„¢ behind closed doors on their booth #616 at GDC, strictly by appointment, to authorized customers . (This is not open to the public.)

Those interested in a demonstration should email rw-info@csl.com or call + 512 478 5605.
Is anyone going? ;)

I'm hoping for Xenogears and FF7 PSP still.

Now, this is OT, and I must beg your indulgence, but has anyone else heard the rumor that the system will have 32MB of external RAM to complement 4-8MB of EDRAM?

Well, there were certainly a lot of comments as to the complaints from developers for lack-of-RAM, and delays to make the necessary adjustments...

But no details thus far, I think, as to what the ultimate formation will take. I assume we'll find out for sure at E3. (Or from a japanese meeting/convention of some sort held soon before.)

I expected this already after reading the Burnout speculations some weeks ago. Anyway, great to have some official statements. Can't wait to see the first demos.

Fredi

The Gates of the Ports Hell have opened...
Now we will never be saved from the wave of demonic ports and evil conversions of hundreds and hundreds of old ghost-games, games that have been forgotten, games that are resting in peace, repackaged as "Super PSP Special Edition 4Eva!!"...

london-boy said:
Now we will never be saved from the wave of demonic ports and evil conversions of hundreds and hundreds of old ghost-games, games that have been forgotten, games that are resting in peace, repackaged as "Super PSP Special Edition 4Eva!!"...

we already have with gameboy to an extend

hey69 said:
london-boy said:

we already have with gameboy to an extend

We already have it on any platform ever released... Do we need any more? Is it gonna stop? Both answered NO.

Back