Renderscript blog post

Discussion in 'GPGPU Technology & Programming' started by codedivine, Feb 1, 2013.

1. spworley

Newcomer

There's some clarification of the future role of OpenCL on Android from Google's Stephen Hines on the Android issue site.

The RenderScript vs OpenCL on Android discussion also just became a little more public.

2. spworley

Newcomer

3. BlueByLiquid

Newcomer

Based on that link it seems to be a very popular decision with developers.

4. silent_guy

Veteran Subscriber

All 8 participants over a 1 year time span. :wink:

5. sebbbi

Veteran

As a graphics programmer (games) I do not personally have any interest in OpenCL and/or Renderscript anymore, as OpenGL ES 3.1 introduced compute shaders with tight integration to the GPU graphics pipeline (proper synchronization without stalls or CPU roundtrips, indirect draw and dispatch calls). This was the best thing to happen (for us game graphics progammers), but I would have never expected to see it this soon. Khronos is usually quite slow in making big changes to their APIs. My earlier rant is only posted 12 months ago we already have shipping OpenGL ES 3.1 devices is the market. Awesome :)

6. sebbbi

Veteran

Oh it seems that I accidentally replied to an old thread awakened by a bot. Sorry abot that :S