Rendering bug in The Witcher

Discussion in '3D Hardware, Software & Output Devices' started by Quitch, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Quitch

Veteran

So I was excited to finally get a chance to play The Witcher on a rig that could run it, only to find a nasty rendering bug that is stopping me.

[​IMG]

Imagine that issue, but instead of a solid block a mass of flickering images just like that.

This is The Witcher EE 1.5 running on a PC using Windows 7 with Catalyst 9.10 and a Radeon 5870 with all the in-game settings set to max.

I switched everything to Low. No effect.

I restored the default Catalyst Control Panel settings. No effect.

I disabled Cataylst AI. No effect.

Yesterday, it decided to play ball for a while and rendered just fine, it was only firing up my save today and find the problem was back. I'm at a total loss.

2. Sinistar

Sinistar I LIVE
    Regular Subscriber

This has been a problem for me for quite a while, happened on the 4850 and now 5870. If you run in window mode, the problem will go away, very annoying.

3. Silent_Buddha

Legend

The patch notes for cat 9.10 mention this as a known issue for 58xx under Win7 and Vista. But with Dragon Age out in a week or so, I can put off my playthrough of the Witcher until after that. Hopefully there'll be a fix for it in 9.11 or 9.12.

Didn't have any problems with my 4870 or 4890 after it. But then that was all cat 9.8 and before.

Regards,
    SB

4. homerdog

homerdog donator of the year
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

Never had such problems with The Witcher. Played through first on an 8800GT, then a GTX260, many different drivers. Vista 64.

5. IRQ Conflict

I had that exact same problem in the original far cry with my X1950 Pro. It was just an updated driver that fixed it.