Remote Play not working?

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
There seems to be something wrong with my remote play through an internet connection. I can not connect my PSP with my PS3 since my modem has been changed. :???:
It worked flawlessly before that!

Does the UPnP have anything to do with this? It is listed as "not available" on my PS3 settings (despite that I have chosen it to be enabled).

The connection times out while trying now

Hey,

I was having the same problem before, until I opened up a port in my router using these instructions from the PS3 online manual.

-If the router in use does not support UPnP, you must set the router's port forwarding to allow communication to the PS3™ system from the Internet. The port number that is used by remote play is TCP: 9293. For information about setting this option, refer to the instructions supplied with the router.

I set mine to UPnp with port 9293 open, then resynched my PSP and it worked. I was a little dissapointed to find out that you have to go into the PS3 browser and set up the ability to turn the PS3 on remotely after every time you turn off the main power switch. It must be some kind of security precaution.

Hope you get it working.

Oninotsume

Thanks for the help.

Seems I cant do that though. The stupid internet provider does not allow me to enter the modem router's settings. The stupid excuse is that they dont have a password to give me for it. Yeah right

I ll have to buy another router to connect to it and access the settings there. :(

Also this seems to affect TVersity. Since the day I changed my previous provider and brought me this modem, TVersity doesnt want to work. It says that it is unable to connect to the server. Strangely Windows Media Player 11 appears in my XMB though

Just did a Google search and found a big thread listing which games have Remote Play features.

Seems like only a few support it while most do not. Most of the 3rd party games do not have Remote Play support?

So what exactly are you guys using it for?

Can you wake the PS3 out of sleep and put it back to sleep over the Internet?

I guess you can have it do some folding remotely.

Yer just got this feature crackin... pretty cool tried connecting direct to ps3 wifi worked fine, then through my home router wifi...
Divx videos on a usb hdd connected to ps3 played fine :) a hiccup every now and then (when every one in my house using wifi) still have to try from using internet connection from work...

Just did a Google search and found a big thread listing which games have Remote Play features.

Seems like only a few support it while most do not. Most of the 3rd party games do not have Remote Play support?

So what exactly are you guys using it for?

Can you wake the PS3 out of sleep and put it back to sleep over the Internet?

I guess you can have it do some folding remotely.

Yes you can use it to turn it off and on remotely or start folding. Remote play of games is severely lacking atm. I use remote play to stream media from my PS3 or from PC to PS3 to PSP. I also use it to start DL's from the PSstore remotely. Remote play is a cool feature, but obviously a neglected one since PS3/PSP owners are still in the minority.

Remote play is also cool for PS1 RPG games though. :p

And Pixeljunk Monsters, obviously. Though I still have to try. ;)

Or watching into your own livingroom with your PS Eye.

Or starting PSN downloads from work.

Or ... ;)

So you can control the XMB remotely?

How about menus within games, or do they have to support Remote Play?

You can't control the PS3 game and play it right, the screen redraw would be too slow?

So you can control the XMB remotely?

How about menus within games, or do they have to support Remote Play?

You can't control the PS3 game and play it right, the screen redraw would be too slow?

Yep.

You cant access any PS3 game remotely on any form except from Lair. But you can do so with any PS1 game that is in your PS3

I believe PixelJunk Monsters is also RemotePlay compatible ?

Yes, I said that. ;)

And yes, Lair funnily enough also, all the motion control haters can play it with the PSP's analog nub. :LOL: But it does show it is theoretically quite possible for big games to support it. There are definitely some interesting possibilities available.

And yes, you can control just about everything in the XMB with remote play, including videos, the cool photo album options, etc. One EyeToy game funnily enough also support it, the Aquarium one (the only one that makes sense, really ;) - though not a whole lot mind you!). Folding supports it too.

Does Remote Play just use the PSP as a controller or is it actually sending out data which is rendered as video on the PSP screen?

Does Remote Play just use the PSP as a controller or is it actually sending out data which is rendered as video on the PSP screen?

The PS3 sends out the data to your PSP. During remote play your PS3 doesnt display anything on your TV except from some text saying that you are on remote play mode.

I don't know if it will help anybody, but I have a few demos of PS1 games and a howto on setting up PSP remote play on my youtube page.

Back