Remember me

Can anyone explain how the combos work
not the how they are constructed but rather how to execute them ?
Whats this supposed to mean

I think it is just the button combos, the circles and colour just show how much effect that slot has. But I am just guessing.

I'm also not getting on with this game at all, it just doesn't feel right somehow.

This game seems so lovely and I am in full "nextnext gen" mode so I don't know which are the platforms where the game is running on. I just remember RenegadeRocks -iirc- telling me the game was about to be released more than a month ago.

Can anyone explain how the combos work
not the how they are constructed but rather how to execute them ?
Whats this supposed to mean

On a base level it simply means kick, punch, kick, punch, kick. What's important is the different colors affecting the attributes of every move. Yellow means you get some health back, red means extra damage. There are also purple and blue variations. Purple nodes shorten cool-down periods for special moves and blue ones double the effectiveness of whatever the last move was. Effectiveness of any single action also improves the further down it's in the combo chain. Over the course of the game you unlock a set amount of nodes of varying colors, so you cannot simply slot in one color and then fill the rest of the combo with the powerful blue nodes (you only get 4 of these if I remember correctly: 2 punches and 2 kicks).

At the end of the day you are still performing the same 4 basic combos of varying length over and over. You just get to fiddle around with the details a little.

It's a very good looking game indeed. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as accomplished in terms of game mechanics.

Back