redsave.com - beware!

Dooby

Regular
I know theres a good number of UK peoples on this board, so a word of warning : redsave.com are scum. My gf bought from them in December, and while google'ing them just now, found a whole raft of dissatisfied customers.

Dissatisfied because redsave.com have never shipped a good bulk of their orders.

Furious because redsave.com also very kindly sign you up to a months FREE membership, so it doesnt appear on your first bill. But then, in the second month, this membership, which has no benefits, will cost you £19.99, without your approval. Well, it does have your approval, because you have to cancel the membership if you don't want it, but the forms come with the goods, which haven't been shipped. My gf has had to download and print off the membership cancellation papers (luckily we haven't been charged yet, we will be cancelling within the first month).

This is absolutely ridiculous. It is simply an e-commerce website, and the membership is a well hidden scam, and while not technically illegal, there should be some kind of body that would look into this. Appalling. You have been warned.

Not always an option. The item she wanted she'd seen elsewhere, which was then unavailable, and redsave were the only place to "stock" it.

Have you been charged £19.95 today yet?

I have

They are efficient in one field at least and that is making sure you get charged for a second month on the day following 30 days after registration

During the registration process I did not get the impression I was signing-up for any lasting club membership for what was a very dubious saving in the first place

I managed to unregister on-line through their Site (several attempts - it is not easy) and warned a collegue who also unregisterred - in time in his case

Go back.......no chance

Back