Red Hot with their new...

Just wonder what you guys/gals thinks of Stadium Arcadium?
I really just want our opinions etc, but warning im an EXtreme RHCPepper hehe :)
But there must be more!

It's awesome. It is the album they were born to make. I personally hated Californication and thought they couldn't make anything good enough to make up for that, but this does. Just great funk rock.

I liked some of their stuff until I saw them live - that definitely killed it. I hate bands who can't perform their own stuff on at least some acceptable level.

_xxx_ I think they are best live actually! :)

nintenho
Rep for a chili fan!
Great to hear,(i loved the californicaion album contrary).
Ive got some favorites already, the next single (Tell me Baby) is great
aswell as Especially In Michigan , storm in a teacup, hard to concentrate, hey ..
And then songs like Desecration Smile and Stadium Arcadium is wonderful, just wonderful..

Horrible album, horrible. Where did the funk go? They've been listening to too much coldplay from the sounds of it....Blood Sugar Sex Magic still owns all.

_xxx_ said:
I liked some of their stuff until I saw them live - that definitely killed it. I hate bands who can't perform their own stuff on at least some acceptable level.

similar. i liked them until i heard a live tape of thiers. those guys cannot perform live. i still think they're good song writers, though, just don't let them perform : )

nintenho said:
I personally hated Californication and thought they couldn't make anything good enough to make up for that, but this does.
I loved "Otherside" and I don't think any rock song has ever moved me as much as that. It's not the lyrics (which I have a habit of ignoring), but the music is just gorgeous. "Scar tissue" was pretty damn good also. You really hated that album while liking their other stuff?

That's the thing with RHCP, you eithe rlove them live or you hate them. I love them myself, have only been to a few bad shows and the rest have been awesome. It's all a matter of opinion really. It can also depend on the venue, some places just suck for live performances. But I'm right and you're wrong...j/k.

The new album is good, not really stronger than Californication or By The Way, just a lot more songs. I've listened to it a couple dozen times straight through. Each disc can stand on their own and would be good albums if they were separate. As a double disc it works very well but can get kind of repetitive after some time. I do like it a lot, and the songs are good. Snow ((Hey Oh)) is good, as well as Stadium Arcadium.

It's a good album, but far from my favorite double disc. That is only reserved for another band...

John Frusciante's solo stuff is really good IMO and worth a listen to if you're into Chili Peppers.

Must say I did not like Californication either. Agree on Blood sugar sex magik being their best album. Though my fav track is still Higher ground. New single is still good though, have not heard the rest of the album.

scooby_dooby said:
Blood Sugar Sex Magic still owns all.
Ugh, "The Uplift Mofo Party Plan" is definitely their best. "Freaky Styley" is also pretty good. "Mother's Milk" was a bit too commercial for my taste. Ditto for BSSM.

Mintmaster said:
I loved "Otherside" and I don't think any rock song has ever moved me as much as that. It's not the lyrics (which I have a habit of ignoring), but the music is just gorgeous. "Scar tissue" was pretty damn good also. You really hated that album while liking their other stuff?
Forgot about this thread. Yeah "Scar tissue" is a pretty good song, but the rest of the album seemed idiotic. The best way to put it is that they fell back on their youth.

Back