Red Bull Air Race

Citrous

Newcomer
Has anyone seen this thing before? I know it went through London recently...

It's scheduled to happen in 3 days where I live, I was just wondering if it's a pretty cool event or what?

I've never been there but last year it was in Rotterdam, Holland, or it was the year before last year but it was really crowded with over 100.000 visitors which is pretty big for a small country like this. If you got the chance I would go, see planes fly low is always cool. On tv I find it boring though because you dont feel there is alot of compitition.

Has anyone seen this thing before? I know it went through London recently...

It's scheduled to happen in 3 days where I live, I was just wondering if it's a pretty cool event or what?

*glances at location tag...

They are racing planes now through a whale's vagina? Man talk about fetish and overcoming feelings of inadequacy by flying fast planes.

Anyway, I hate the RBAR events. It's another pseudo-sport created for the sole purpose of publicity.

Uhm, but we're not talking about real planes here, they build crazy devices which usually fly just several meters. The point is that they look cool/funny and crash theatrically. Or am I talking about the wrong event?

It's been on tv this year, it's not bad (like everything else though it's better when something goes wrong:devilish:)

I would go and watch it if they ever came to within 40 miles of where I live

Uhm, but we're not talking about real planes here, they build crazy devices which usually fly just several meters. The point is that they look cool/funny and crash theatrically. Or am I talking about the wrong event?

You think of the Red Bull 'Flugtage'. (flying days)
The Air Race is with real planes.

It's very cool, and a real sport. It's racing people, very very very dangerous racing potentially.

*glances at location tag...

They are racing planes now through a whale's vagina? Man talk about fetish and overcoming feelings of inadequacy by flying fast planes.

Anyway, I hate the RBAR events. It's another pseudo-sport created for the sole purpose of publicity.

it's in california this weekend... san diego bay i believe...

your location has been revealed

Ok, after watching it I must say, promotion or not it's one of the coolest thing's Ive ever seen. I'll be getting some footage of the planes tomorrow.

I saw a helicopter do barrel rolls, flips, and tumbles in the sky for the first time today. Qualifying was today, I was gonna film but my friend has a Canon GL-1 so I'm waiting until he uses that thing. I've seen the planes do these crazy low airspeed tumbles through the sky also. It's nuts.

Back