Red Alert 3 for the ps3 on pause

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/894/894457p1.html

Electronic Arts today confirmed that development of the PlayStation 3 version of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 has been put on hold. While some reports are stating that the game has been outright canceled for the system, an EA rep has informed us that the game has been put on hold. It's possible that the team may return to the project at a later date and time, but for now, it is focused on completing the game for PC and Xbox 360 to meet its holiday launch.

that sucks . I wonder how much further behind in development it was compared to the others

Well the other versions already had a previous version on the platform (C&C3), so I think that's going to put the PS3 at a 'slight' disadvantage right there.

No loss, it's not like EA makes good games or anything... Any opportunity not to give them my money is one I'll take ;)

Red Alert 3 uses their RNA engine (about 40% SAGE) while C&C3 used the SAGE engine. But yea, both are PC based engines so I can see how moving it to 360 would be easier.

C&C3 was a very good game, so I'm actually expecting this one to be good as well. For the PC, at least.

True and the Crysis and soem otehr ones to published by EA, great games of v.high quality. From what is shown of Red Alert 3 its seems like a winner, cant say no to naval battles with such gorgeous 3D water!

C&C3 was a very good game, so I'm actually expecting this one to be good as well. For the PC, at least.

Fair enough. They do publish a fair amount of quality titles, problem is they also publish a metric butt-load of rubbish titles alongside the good ones, and then hype the hell out of all of them regardless of the quality of the product. I know it's just good marketing, and not every game turns out as good as its developers envisioned when they dreamed up the title, but EA's signal to noise ratio seems disproportionately high, IMHO.

We should be thankful that EA aint as horrible as UBI though...

I dunno, Farcry was good... heh, too bad I can't think of anything else :p Lots of people enjoy the PoP series (not my cup of tea, however), and Assassin's Creed did quite well (purchased the PS3 version only promptly to return it, I really disliked the almost total lack of control I had over my character).

....and Assassin's Creed did quite well (purchased the PS3 version only promptly to return it, I really disliked the almost total lack of control I had over my character).

amazing ... in my mind I felt that I had more control with him then any character I've ever played with; bounding across rooftops and climbing at will, running and jumping felt great and combat was fairly intuitive. that and the STUNNING graphics make it worth playing but the game play itself was stale after a while.

My other point of disconnect from you opinion ;) is that while I always felt EA was skating along, i really feel they have been stepping up their efforts in so many games this Gen; too many observations of this to list.

Cool things for the PS3 RTS ? Put in Bluetooth + USB mouse compatibility, then I'll consider buying.

Back