Recording of John Carmack's Quakecon 2000 keynote

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by texelstorm, May 21, 2013.

1. texelstorm

Newcomer

Hi guys,

I recently found this recording of John Carmack's keynote address from Quakecon 2000 on an old HD and uploaded it to archive.org. I'm pretty sure this is the only copy of that talk available anywhere on the web. I'm trying to spread it around a bit since I'm sure it'll be of interest to at least some hardcore 3D tech nerds, and this seemed a good place to post it :)

http://texelstorm.tumblr.com/post/50826105086/this-is-an-incomplete-low-quality-but

Audio quality is quite bad but understandeable. If anyone here could help me clean up the audio I'd be very grateful.

Thanks and enjoy!

2. tysonwritesel

Newcomer

Thanks, it's cool to have that perspective from John still out there just like his .plan files.

3. Wynix

Veteran Regular

That's very cool of you, thank you for sharing this and thanks again for taking the time to let people know about it. :grin: