Recommendations for TV on a laptop...

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by zsouthboy, Mar 26, 2004.

1. zsouthboy

Regular

Here's the idea. I have a TV card in two of my computers on the LAN... my sister would like to have TV capability on her laptop. You can see where I'm going with this... Are there any programs available that allow you to serve video over a network like this, with the ability to change channels? I could've sworn I've at least heard of something like this.

If not, recommend a PCMCIA TV tuner. Oh, USB is fine also, but prefer pc card.

2. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Specious Misanthrope
    Legend

ATI has EAZYSHARE.

It requires all radeons tho I believe.

3. zsouthboy

Regular

Well i have the two tv wonders in my desktops, but the lappy has a crappy integrated blah in it. That looks like exactly what i need though..

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Remember
    Veteran

You are looking for VideoLAN. You could do it with Windows Media Encoder also.