Recommend a coop game for Betan *spinoff

Fl0w would be an obvious choice for playing together with non-gamers including spouses. PixelJunk Monsters is also a possibility. Super Stardust and others also have coop but maybe less suitable. ;)
I bought the game as well. My wife likes this too, but unfortunately the difficulty ramped up too fast for her and she gave up on it - she loved the first level though. I also think the difficulty goes up quite fast, by the way.

Fat Princess ?
I hope so.

Fl0w would be an obvious choice for playing together with non-gamers including spouses.
Well it needs to be fun for me too. :)
I haven't even tried it, but it doesn't seem to have any depth.
PixelJunk Monsters is also a possibility. Super Stardust and others also have coop but maybe less suitable. ;)
Those two are the next ones on our list. To be honest though, I haven't actually had any special coop fun with two stick shooters, but we will see SSHD.
The problem with PJ Monsters is that I'd already finished most of the levels, and God knows I could actually use a coop buddy for the last few, but it will take training. :(
I bought the game as well. My wife likes this too, but unfortunately the difficulty ramped up too fast for her and she gave up on it - she loved the first level though. I also think the difficulty goes up quite fast, by the way.

In coop it's much more forgiving. And particularly in early levels, the more advanced player can do the most of the work, including save jumps with the noob primarily swinging a couple of times for combos.

Fortunately she completely got used to the controls in later levels (even doing jumps I miss).
So I believe difficulty curve is pretty good for coop, certainly much better than Monsters (SP).

Garden 8 (last spectra) was a hell though.

It's really unfortunate how few people are playing this great game.
Today we finished garden 9. After first (and only) try for 5th spectra, we currently rank 3 in worldwide (?) coop rankings. Shame :(

IThe problem with PJ Monsters is that I'd already finished most of the levels, and God knows I could actually use a coop buddy for the last few, but it will take training.
Sissy! All perfects including the expansion on single-player - yet no trophy to tell the world about it :(

PJM is a good choice. Another hearty recommendation of probably no use to you is Champions of Norrath on PS2. It's proven a big hit with couples, being simple enough for the non-gamer half yet great fun. Probably the Return to Arms sequel would be a better choice with a couple more classes and easier spell/feat access.

The first one was great to play with one being the sorcerer and the other being a dwarf. Blocking a door with a dwarf and then spraying fire from the sorcerer just behind him for the win. ;)

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance? The dwarf was sucha broken character class! Still great fun though, nothing to touch it at the time.

SingStar, assuming you can stand your own voice :p
Buzz! might be interesting too. I believe you can battle other couples (PS Blog says it's coming in a few weeks).

Yes, Singstar and Buzz are great party games ... But if we go the full game route, then of course Guitar Hero with two guitars isn't bad either ... Even with one, if you can stand playing bass on the controller (which I did with my wife's cousin from New York, who loves Guitar Hero). Same with Rockband I presume (not available here on PS3, too expensive on 360), though both games are a bit pricy of course. Almost all PSN games have multi-player modes by the way, just not all of them are as much fun. ;)

EyeToy makes Singstar 2x better still, by the way. And just watching the videos online from the game alone is hilarious. Operation Creature Feature can also be a lot of fun to play co-op, I noticed the other day, and if your wife is into card games then of course Eye of Judgment is a cool game too.

@Shifty: the first game really was set up exactly so that in one player you would play the human, and in two player one would play sorcerer and the other dwarf. That was very, very clear to me. So I don't think any class was broken, they just each had their specific purpose.

Try Castle Crashers and Braid. Castle Crashers is good fun coop, and you can power up your characters. Braid isn't a co-op game per se, but it's slow paced so you can both solve the puzzles together.

If you don't mind playing older stuff, there used to be a game called The Adventures Of Cookie And Cream on PS2. It's a perfect co-op game with girls since you actively solve the levels together, and the gameplay isn't too hard.

Thanks everyone. Currently, I don't have a 360 but I'm sure some other couples can use those recommendations.
Buzz Quiz is no brainer, it looks to be a must have, at least for guest occasions.
Singstar and GH like rhythm games don't appeal to me. But I'm keeping an eye on Lips (despite the platform).

Will look into PS2 suggestions as well, I hope they are not too easy.

Sissy! All perfects including the expansion on single-player - yet no trophy to tell the world about it :(
I think trophy support is coming, probably not retroactive though. Good luck :)

Will look into PS2 suggestions as well, I hope they are not too easy.
CON/BGDA won't tax you on the early levels, but for a real challenge start in Champion mode (or whatever the top is after you complete the game) with a level 1 character. It took me something like 45 minutes to drop my first goblin as the archer, and an hour and a half to kill all ~40 of the first level! Other characters are a bit faster. You run the risk of one-hit kills, so tactics, dodging, and running away are essential skills. The random goblin dungeons in those mode are some of the best fun I've ever had in a game. You also gain XP way faster (your first goblin takes you staight to level 5, level 7 if a big one goes down) making developing your character more fun.

The Lego games are perfect. I liked Star Wars better than Indy, but they're all good. Batman looks to be a good one.

The Lego games are perfect. I liked Star Wars better than Indy, but they're all good. Batman looks to be a good one.

Seconded. To the point that my wife goes out specifically to get these games when they come out. She has never ever done that with any other games.

Plus I concur they are pretty entertaining button masher.

Back