Real winner of E3 is..Gametrailers!

Rangers

Legend
Yep, these guys have blitzed the video game video sharing site industry since their youtube-like redesign. So kudos to them!

They make it so easy..plus you get some community interaction with comments, which is good enough that often I'd rather view the video there even if I have another version of it stored locally on my computer.

I have downloaded 9GB worth of videos from them in the E3 week, and have not visited them even once since. I probably will, every once in a while something pops up that I want to see, but again, it's always disable plugins, click the link, download the video and leave.
They are certainly relevant to me, and bandwidth has gotten massively cheaper over the past few years, but I still don't see how that's a healthy business model. They must have a whole lot of regular visitors there to compensate for just one guy who behaves like me. And I'm not even being evil about my behaviour as far as I can tell (as in I don't filter ads or anything of that sort).

See, to me the loading is nearly instantaneous, so there's almost no reason to actually download a video. If you ever want to see it, just navigate to it's webpage.

Which actually costs them MORE bandwidth but hey, that's not my problem

I forgot to mention another thing I love about them..all their videos can be downloaded in 360 streaming compatible WMV. So for example, I can watch the Killzone trailer in hi def on my HDTV over 360. I'm sure this is true of many other video sites as well, but it's a nice touch.

GT is awesome is the fact that they not only stream HD videos, they let you download them for free!

You dont even need to sign up for a free account. Just go to the site and watch/download stuff. Mass kudos to them for that :mrgreen:

If any downside, its that sometimes it takes them awhile(from hours to weeks) for videos to be uploaded, when those videos have been circulating the web for quite some time.

But thats hardly an issue, so its no big deal :LOL:

Gametrailers is a great site. It almost always loads FAST and I just love their retrospective original features.

I always learn stuff from watching them even if it's about a game I've played absolutely to pieces, they're really really well produced and I love the narrator they use; he often talks fast and spits facts and tidbits like a machinegun but is always very clear and concise. On the whole they're amazingly well produced with the way they combine speech and in-game graphics, sound effects and music.

This IMO gives Gametrailers a lot more depth than if it had just been a site hosting a big bunch of videos of unreleased games.

Each time I'm there I try clicking some ads to help them continue to make more awesome content. :cool:

Peace.

Back