Real Networkd on Live!

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12193
Companies form partnership that will see Real games on Xbox Live Arcade

The antitrust lawsuit filed by RealNetworks against Microsoft almost two years ago has finally been settled...
The deal includes...Real access rights to Windows Media technologies. Microsoft has agreed to pay Real USD 301 million and to offer support services for Real's development, distribution and promotion operations over the next 18 months.
This will include Real's Rhapsody digital music subscription service, which will be supported on all MSN properties...In addition, Microsoft will offer Xbox 360 owners access to Real's portfolio of downloadable games via the Xbox Live Arcade.
Interesting. I don't know if MS were looking to open up to supporting other network structures through Live! or not, but as a middleman they could open up Live! to various content networks and cream a cut for very little effort. Might be a good long-term bonus for MS, though I've no idea what RealNetworks game content is like.

:oops:

REAL?!?!?

I thought they got lost in a black hole a long time ago! So they're back? Check MS out, all charitable and stuff.

Shifty Geezer said:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12193

Interesting. I don't know if MS were looking to open up to supporting other network structures through Live! or not, but as a middleman they could open up Live! to various content networks and cream a cut for very little effort. Might be a good long-term bonus for MS, though I've no idea what RealNetworks game content is like.

Its Real's Arcade service just on Live!, just go to Real networks website they offer demos I think.

london-boy said:
:oops:

REAL?!?!?

I thought they got lost in a black hole a long time ago! So they're back? Check MS out, all charitable and stuff.

Whats funny is when Real sued MS and wanted $1 Billion in damages, but with this new agreement they get 761 Million pluse all this other stuff, Good Deal me thinks..

Back