Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
so you still think it's on rails now you've played it ? :eek:

There are litterally parts where things are on-rails, and thats where the most intensive swapping between dimensions does happen short after eachother. GTA6 i assume will be extremely huge, one open world, knowing what Rockstar is capable of, their probably going to blow our minds.
Didnt play much today (other things came in the way), about 3h in, its an amazing looking game. Its to be noted that headphones do its audio justice, you dont have to be in a city invironment for that either.

Ive come to planet savali. Its a very intensive game, doom/transformers/quake fast paced action. Been mostly alternating between lightning rod and blast pistol. So far, salavi is my least liked planet/setting (im not so for desert style maps).

How does the game play?

I've been watching roommates playing SM:MM, it seems the game design follows the pattern of repetitive gameplay followed by (long) cutscenes, rinse and repeat. When they insert puzzle elements it felt so disconnected from the normal gameplay and it just falls apart. Does Rift Apart at least have some level design?

How does the game play?

I've been watching roommates playing SM:MM, it seems the game design follows the pattern of repetitive gameplay followed by (long) cutscenes, rinse and repeat. When they insert puzzle elements it felt so disconnected from the normal gameplay and it just falls apart. Does Rift Apart at least have some level design?

According to my son, a lot like Doom and a bit like Doom Eternal too [emoji16]. He’s really getting into it now, initially skipping a lot of cutscenes by the way.

I like it much more than the previous games myself. Everything about it is better. Better story, set pieces, level design, variation, traversal etc. But certainly it is an evolution of the previous games as well to some extent still.

But the fact they can mix things up so quickly now combined with much bigger ‘hubs’ does make it far less repetitive.

There are litterally parts where things are on-rails, and thats where the most intensive swapping between dimensions does happen short after eachother. GTA6 i assume will be extremely huge, one open world, knowing what Rockstar is capable of, their probably going to blow our minds.
Didnt play much today (other things came in the way), about 3h in, its an amazing looking game. Its to be noted that headphones do its audio justice, you dont have to be in a city invironment for that either.

Ive come to planet savali. Its a very intensive game, doom/transformers/quake fast paced action. Been mostly alternating between lightning rod and blast pistol. So far, salavi is my least liked planet/setting (im not so for desert style maps).

what's on rail here ?

Reactions: snc
ratchet_clank_riftapajwk1f.jpg

ratchet_clank_riftapatmjpf.jpg

ratchet_clank_riftapa1mkfq.jpg

I really liked the bar, first time that triggered me to use photo mode.

This is a really excellent looking game. I have it set to RT 60 and can stick my nose against the screen and the detail still looks astonishingly good.

Had a little look at the RT reflections and if you move closely to them at full camera speed in Photo Mode, they appear perceptibly lower until the camera stops or slows. You can almost see the temporal reconstruction of the resolution. Still the nicest RT I've witnessed on the PS5 so far and by far the most beautiful looking game yet.

Took an early walk to a sub objective and everything that I visited was beautifully realised in art direction.

I'm not a platformer guy, but this game is blowing me away constantly. Insomniac are now the guys to beat, nothing I've yet seen comes close.

While the game looks very nice, the above screenshots arent in the same level as the others that have been posted.

Also a matter of taste. That third screenshot is the first time I made a screenshot too, I loved that Robot. Also the kanteen where that Robot lives looks great.

I'll give a nod to this game. There are only a few PS exclusives that tempt me to consider a PS5 one day and this is one of them. Not surprisingly, Spider-Man is the other so far.

Finally started this today! One thing I found strange even on the RT60 mode is the slowness of the movements. I had to raise the camera and aim to 10, and even then it feels a little slow.
Beautiful game of course, there's not much to say that hasn't been said here.

Back