Ramos W12 :)

codedivine

Regular
Ramos W12 tablet is announced to be using a dual-core Cortex A9 with Mali 400 graphics. Any info/speculation on the SoC?

ST-Ericsson U8500. So that was their tablet design win - not very high profile, but nice nonetheless.

I think there's at least some possibility that it's Nufront's NuSmart 2815 instead. That was supposed to be showing in devices at CES 2011 and fits the profile described. It'd also make sense since Ramos is a Chinese manufacturer like Nufront. Rockchip, the manufacturer of the other SoC Ramos has chosen, is also Chinese.

U8500 is a smartphone platform with an integrated HSPA modem, which is not something every tablet owner wants. On the other hand, Nufront's chip allows SATA options on a tablet, like large SSD harddrives, and it should be all around much higher performing than any of the other Cortex-A9 SoCs announced, save for OMAP4440 which it'll have a more modest lead over.

Interesting - that chip looks to be made on SMIC's 65nm process. That's probably the only Cortex-A9 SoC that's not made on 45nm or below!

Interesting - that chip looks to be made on SMIC's 65nm process. That's probably the only Cortex-A9 SoC that's not made on 45nm or below!

I guess that's why it only has one core (die space concerns). And I'm sure the power consumption won't be chart topping.

I wonder how much L2 cache it'll have.. 512KB at the most I'm sure, but it could have only 256KB. Sadly their website doesn't even list the product.

Looks like Amlogic is at least partially if not entirely Chinese, so there's one thing I wasn't wrong about.

Ramos W12 tablet is announced to be using a dual-core Cortex A9 with Mali 400 graphics. Any info/speculation on the SoC?
Yes,it is used Cortex A9 with Mali 400 graphics,and the frequency performance is increased 20% than Cortex-A8 chip,and with 512M of RAM.

Back