ss12.jpg

:eek: Looking good.

No, it looks like this:

and this

Server Error

The following error occurred:

Could not connect to the server

jvd said:
I'll wait to see pics of playable angles. Not replay pics.
Typical reply. That's too bad though because the first one looked exactly the same no matter if it was in a reply or you were actually playing the game.

Hope they have alot of car tweaking options for online play... a custom driver a la MotoGP2 would be great (custom colour schemes, etc)

DeathKnight said:
jvd said:
Typical reply.

What was wrong with that reply?

Sheesh, all he said was he wanted real gameplay pics, someone's really sensitive today! Drank too much on 4th of july?

*G*

Whens WRC3 being released ? the first Rallisport is crap, shit handling and poor track design make for some dull racing.

chaphack said:
The dust and ice particles look VERY nice. :oops:

:?: [in utter shock Chap isn't tearing apart these pix over technical graphics issues...I guess these shortcomings are "OK" if it is on an Xbox? :oops: ]

DeathKnight said:
jvd said:
Typical reply. That's too bad though because the first one looked exactly the same no matter if it was in a reply or you were actually playing the game.

Shesh so now i'm bias against the xbox . Wow I'm running outta systems to favor . I've been called bias against the dc , gc , ps2 and now the xbox . Oh boy haha .

Anyway I do want to see in screen shots. I said the same about some of the mario kart pics too. I don't care if the replay looks good . I care what the in game looks like . When i see that hten i will make an opinon till then i haven't said if i like it or not .

randycat99 said:
chaphack said:
The dust and ice particles look VERY nice. :oops:

:?: [in utter shock Chap isn't tearing apart these pix over technical graphics issues...I guess these shortcomings are "OK" if it is on an Xbox? :oops: ]

I don't see anything special with the so-called VERY nice dust and ice particles. Looks exactly like standard stacked alpha-blended decals that has been done for ages in other titles to simulate wheel spray. Now, Zone of Enders has VERY nice particles. This game has *YAWNNNN* particles.

*G*

Grall said:
DeathKnight said:
jvd said:
Typical reply.

What was wrong with that reply?

Sheesh, all he said was he wanted real gameplay pics, someone's really sensitive today! Drank too much on 4th of july?

*G*
Because there's NO visual disparity between actual gameplay and replay shots. The only reason people ask "I'd like to see actual gameplay shots please..." is because they believe there's a difference. In some cases there is a difference (depends on the game), but in this case there's no difference whatsoever, just like there was no difference whatsoever with the first RSC.
jvd said:
DeathKnight said:
jvd said:

Shesh so now i'm bias against the xbox . Wow I'm running outta systems to favor . I've been called bias against the dc , gc , ps2 and now the xbox . Oh boy haha .

Anyway I do want to see in screen shots. I said the same about some of the mario kart pics too. I don't care if the replay looks good . I care what the in game looks like . When i see that hten i will make an opinon till then i haven't said if i like it or not .
Exactly where did I insinuate you're biased against the Xbox? Do you dream this stuff up or what?

The gameplay will look just as good as these angled shots.

Since I've nearly worn out my copy of RC, I feel at least partially qualified to speak on this matter.
From what I can tell, the graphics from the replays are identical to the actual drive-time graphics. The only difference is the cinecam that swings around, giving the replays a 'classier' look. I haven't played the PC version of RC, so I don't know if that's the same (although I would think that it is).
Wreckless is another Xbox driving game that has replay graphics that are identical to the drive-time graphics.
I don't know much about the development of RC2, but I would assume that the same standards will hold.

chaphack said:
Obviously people have not seen THE ones.

Kickass particles. The volume and smoothness :oops: :oops: :oops:

Chap, you're just a silly xbot fanboi, there's NOTHING special with that smoke. It looks NICE sure, but it's just stacked alpha-decals and some small particles to simulate spraying gravel, NOTHING more. It looks nice because they simply used more, and perhaps better-looking decals, but that's it.

If you can't see that yourself, it's because you're blinded by your love to a lump of black plastic.

*G*

Back