Raja Koduri is leaving ATI

Hello:

I am an entry-level engineer at a company and got contacted by apple for their "mobile silicon" group. I might have an interview with one of the former ati guys there. I want to do well in this interview.

Does anyone know what kind of questions will be asked in this technical phone interview?

3D graphics pipeline, some hardware implementation trade-offs, etc?

Any tips from the 3D gurus here?

Thanks,

That and also add some math. For example linear algebra (for example dot products, cross products and their properties), some basic numeric algebra (numerical precision)... Also add some "creative" questions that will show your creativity.

If the interview is for a hardware position they might not ask about your math skills or care much about a deep level of graphics knowledge. Though learning about these can't hurt.

They might care more about your debugging/problem solving skills and knowledge of fundamentals like state machines. Also, since it's a mobile silicon group learning some basic power saving techniques might be a good idea.

Without a detailed job description it's hard to say what Apple's looking for.

I dunno if its anything like devrel. ((the job I was offered at Nvidia)) you may also be required to know some pearl/scripting because of the machine factories you'd end up working with.

Back